4300k 6000k hids

BlackCherry

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
Does anyone have a picture of 4300k or 6000k hids on the regular headlights? Or your personal opinion between the two? I have a red p5

Lovin my ddm 35w 6000k kit. As good as the oems are as far as oem halogen headlights go, the HIDs are night & day difference. It's like going from flashlight to floodlight.

i run 4300k i think. i'd have to check the box again. glad you didnt go any higher than 6k (you lose light). enjoy them and remember to aim your headlights down if you dont have projectors

Yep, pointed them down so far to get them out of people's eyes that the brights, which really aren't the brights anymore, look like foglights where they hit the ground. I use them for my fog/bright toggle mode. Looks funny how the fogs & brights toggle with the HIDs on the whole time. I don't drive with either of them any more. They look pitiful in comparison to the HIDs. Still use the fogs with parking lights until darkness calls for the beamz. Posted a few pics of the install under the hood in that other HID thread. Probably gonna go with 55w 5000k set in these offroad light housings I have on my truck for trail action.

Last edited:
dude highs arent even needed anymore lol. i'm so glad i bought HIDs and probably will buy them for the next car i get (saving for an MKIII supra)

was kinda the point of my last post. The only use for them now is to flash people flashing me to let them know those HIDs ARE my dims. Not that anybody has been flashing me tho.........cuz they be pointed down all courteouslike.

Back