2017~2024 2020 Tubo avialiability

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
I checked with the two dealers within 50 miles from and there was only one CX5 turbo version in stock. There was maybe 25 or 30 CX5 Sports and few Touring models. Is MAZDA extra slow at getting the Turbo versions to dealers? Ed

2 2019 turbo models in Huntsville AL. Zero 20s.

My local dealer has two 2020 CX-5 signatures and five 2020 CX-5 Reserves. That is a little low but those cars move fast at my local dealer. They have a shocking 24 2020 GT's, which at priced at 32K is not worth it - when you can get the Reserve for 33-34K.

Last edited:
Closest Mazda dealer to my house has 36 turbo's in-stock (18 2019s and 18 2020s). This is out of a total of 99 new 2020 models and 40 new 2019 models listed on their site.

There are 2 other large dealers around I'd imagine have similar numbers.

Funny, I noticed this the other day when I was looking to see if my local guy was deep-discounting diesels.

Between Charlottesville VA, Fayetville NC and Greensboro NC locations he has (64) 2020 CX-5s.

He has (1) Reserve and (0) Signatures.

And unlike <s>all</s> <u>most of</u> the pics of his other cars, the Reserve is a stock photo...it's not a picture of a real car on his lot. If he's done this just to have a listing for a Reserve for advertising purposes even though he really does not have one on hand, you'd think he would do the same thing for the Signature.

Last edited:
I wonder what the problem is with getting turbo versions? Ed

You would think they have some idea of relative demand from 2019 sales.

Was there something else that changed in the Reserve and Signature trims that might be causing a production issue?

edit to add: The Reserve and Signatures got paddle shifters, and the Signature got a larger infotainment screen. I wonder if there's issues with those features?

Last edited:
Funny, I noticed this the other day when I was looking to see if my local guy was deep-discounting diesels.

Between Charlottesville VA, Fayetville NC and Greensboro NC locations he has (64) 2020 CX-5s.

He has (1) Reserve and (0) Signatures.

And unlike <s>all</s> <u>most of</u> the pics of his other cars, the Reserve is a stock photo...it's not a picture of a real car on his lot. If he's done this just to have a listing for a Reserve for advertising purposes even though he really does not have one on hand, you'd think he would do the same thing for the Signature.

Flow Mazda is a big dealer, surprised to see only a single reserve there.

My local dealer which will never get my business because they're higher than giraffe P has these:

5 GTR
3 Sigs

1 GTR
2 Sigs

To say there is a problem getting 2020 turbos in the middle of December is a little jumping the gun, it is Christmas, so maybe anxiously awaiting, but they have arrived in pretty good numbers.

My local dealer has two 2020 CX-5 signatures and five 2020 CX-5 Reserves. That is a little low but those cars move fast at my local dealer. They have a shocking 24 2020 GT's, which at priced at 32K is not worth it - when you can get the Reserve for 33-34K.

The item you aren't factoring in is, what kind of discount are they offering on each model? When I wanted a GTR last summer they were running amazing lease deals on GT's. I pay 350/mth all in and put nothing down. For a GTR the payment should have been around $390/mth in proportion to the GT pricing but they wouldn't go below $450/mth due to the money factor. I suspect you would be able to buy a GT at a much higher discount than a GTR or Signature.

Last edited:
Only found 6 2020 CX5 Signatures and GTRs at 3 dealers in SF bay area.
Very few indeed.

A Mazda dealer in Crystal Lake IL has a YouTube channel. He has a vid up talking about the 2020 CX-9 and CX-5.

I posted this question:

So what gives with availability on the Reserves and Signatures? I see darned few at any dealer in the states. My dealer has 4 locations, and out of the (64) 2020 CX-5s he has on hand, he has (1) Reserve and (0) Signatures. Other dealers have no Reserves or Signatures. It can't be a turbo availability, since they have plenty of CX-9s.

His reply:

Thanks for taking a look, It really has to do with how many were sold previously, We typically sell more GT"s than GTR or Signature, and we get allocated back what we sold. They are awesome but honestly not as popular in demand.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the less sense the "We got what we sold last year" explanation I got makes sense to me.

My dealer has one location in Virginia and two in North Carolina.
I bought a 2019 Reserve from him, and he only has one 2020 Reserve in stock across all 3 locations and no Signatures.

Was I his only Reserve sale at 3 dealerships in 2 states? And did he sell no Signatures at all?

That being said, he's got a bunch of 2019 CX-5s left
(7) Signatures
(5) Reserves
(25) NA trims

Tubo avialiability

They're available.

10309425_fo_01_web.jpg

Roger Beasley*s 3 locations in Austin have 2019 turbos but no 2020 of any trim on their site. Garlyn Shelton in Temple, where my GTR was purchased, has 2020s in lower trims, but no turbos.

Is it possible that the turbo versions are not selling as well as hoped so production has been cut back? I heard on this site people saying dealers can't keep turbos on the lot because they sell so fast. I don't think that is accurate all at. JMO. Ed

The 2020s just came out. It may just be that Mazda made more of the non-tubos than tubos in the first production runs, so they are less availiabile.

Back