2017~2024 2020 Tubo avialiability

The 2020s just came out. It may just be that Mazda made more of the non-tubos than tubos in the first production runs, so they are less availiabile.

Japanese car makers do this. It took me half a year to get my 370Z, because of how they run production. They are not like American car makers that you may be used to where the cars are all "built to order" more or less if you have a few weeks. Japanese cars are "First we do a run of Base w/ Automatic...then we do a run of Touring w/manual...then we do a run of top-optioned autos....then..."

The 2020s just came out. It may just be that Mazda made more of the non-tubos than tubos in the first production runs, so they are less availiabile.

That's what I was thinking. You gotta think that with Mazda's size, they did not open up a new facility just for this model that's gonna mostly cannibalize sales from the other trims.

The only thing that does not make sense is that they would set up the line for turbos, make just a few, retool for the other trims, then retool back to make another turbo run. And why no Signatures???

What disappoints me in this whole endeavor is that some random car dealer on You Tube I asked a Mazda-proprietary question of actually lied to me. And over the holidays yet...

Dealership nearest me has 9 of the 2019 Signatures.......and all 2019 GTRs sold out.

My local dealer currently shows 6 GTR's and 3 Sigs on the lot, out of 109 total CX-5's. No Diesel models.

My local dealer currently shows 6 GTR's and 3 Sigs on the lot, out of 109 total CX-5's. No Diesel models.

Any 2020s among those? My dealer has lots of 2019s left, 1 2020 Reserve and 0 2020 Sigs.

My dealer has (3) locations: (1) in Virginia and (2) in North Carolina.

They show (64) 2020 CX-5s in stock:
(0) Sigs
(2) Reserves
(62) NA trims

They show (32) 2019 CX-5s in stock:
(2) Diesels
(6) Sigs
(4) Reserves
(20) NA trims

Funny enough, the dealer down the street from my office shows:
2 sigs and both are 2019 diesels with $6600 in discounts posted.
1 GTR - 2019

No other 2020 GTR's or Sigs.

Just for grins I went to the website of the Mazda dealer in Northern Virginia (a high-income/high-volume market).

They show (41) 2020 CX-5s in stock:
(0) Sigs
(4) Reserves
(37) NA trims

They show (32) 2019 CX-5s in stock:
(2) Diesels
(3) Sigs
(1) Reserve
(26) NA trims

So my dealer has (32) 2019s still on hand yet took delivery of (64) 2020s.
The guy outside of DC has (32) 2019s still on hand and took delivery of (41) 2020s.

And this is today's inventory. They likely have sold some, so they had a higher number of 2019s on hand when they ordered a higher number of 2020s!

I'm so confused.

Back