2017 CX 9 Customer Reviews

But...again, you miss the point. I bet most Honda Accord or Nissan Altima drivers would say their car is "fun to drive."

No way. Honda Accord is more traditional, heavy and drives like a military vehicle. New altimas are a bit stylish, but still, I hate thier loud, unreliable CVTs. Mazda 6 is peice of art, from exterior design to how it drives.

No way. Honda Accord is more traditional, heavy and drives like a military vehicle. New altimas are a bit stylish, but still, I hate thier loud, unreliable CVTs. Mazda 6 is peice of art, from exterior design to how it drives.

Have you read any of the reviews about the 2013+ Accord? It's a very close match in terms of driving dynamics to the Mazda6.

The post before was correct, typical Accord and Altima buyers don't put measurable driving dynamics at the top of their list when shopping, but do believe their car is "fun to drive" in their definition of the phrase.

Thankfully Mazda does do an excellent job of engineering true fun to drive vehicles.

I get the feeling you know nothing about cars...

Haha, that it wasn't. However- the Accord is a great driving car and the Mazda 6 is by no stretch a "piece of art". LMAO.
I was being serious. The foot to the floor watch the rpm hit 4000 and stick while the gearing changed to keep accelerating was a great demo of the difference between CVT and traditional gearbox.

I get the feeling you know nothing about cars...

Not as bad as the guy mentioning how he wants to buy a Chevy Malibu...

Haha, that it wasn't. However- the Accord is a great driving car and the Mazda 6 is by no stretch a "piece of art". LMAO.

Well, you havent seen the rest of the competition then.

Even if you dont think the exterior styling isnt voluptuous and attractive, the driving dynamics and handling behaviour alone makes this Mazda a piece of art. Especially compared to all of its competition which I drove before buying this car.

You wouldnt know, you drive a big ol SUV.

Not as bad as the guy mentioning how he wants to buy a Chevy Malibu...

Well, you haven’t seen the rest of the competition then.

Even if you don’t think the exterior styling isn’t voluptuous and attractive, the driving dynamics and handling behaviour alone makes this Mazda a piece of art. Especially compared to all of its competition which I drove before buying this car.

You wouldn’t know, you drive a big ol’ SUV.

You drive an outdated bmw and a $15k econobox- not to mention we just sold a '16 mazda 6 gt. I have two other cars with over 900hp (posted pics of one in another thread) and several others as well- I think I"m a better judge of driving character than you. But that's neither here nor there- nothing you say will make the Mazda 6 a "piece of art".

Last edited:
You drive an outdated bmw and an econobox. I have two other cars with over 900hp (posted pics of one in another thread) and several others as well. But that's neither here nor there- nothing you say will make the Mazda 6 a "piece of art".

The f10 chassis is nowhere near outdated, youre out of your mind. Thats not even the point, you dont understand what fun to drive means. The Mazda is art in comparison to all of its dull and bad competition.

Again.... youve never been behind the wheel of the econobox, so you have no clue what all the raving is about. Why dont you actually drive one before you give us your take on it? Quite frankly, you sound extremely naive and ignorant right now, to put it politely.

You drive an SUV. You know nothing about driving involvement and direct feel which therefore puts you in absolutely no position talk down on a car youve never even driven before. Are you for real?

The f10 chassis is nowhere near outdated, you’re out of your mind. That’s not even the point, you don’t understand what fun to drive means. The Mazda is art in comparison to all of its dull and bad competition.

Again.... you’ve never been behind the wheel of the “econobox”, so you have no clue what all the raving is about. Why don’t you actually drive one before you give us your take on it? Quite frankly, you sound extremely naive and ignorant right now, to put it politely.

You drive an SUV. You know nothing about driving involvement and direct feel which therefore puts you in absolutely no position talk down on a car you’ve never even driven before. Are you for real?

Aha, I see.....flawless logic there- bub. I just sold a 2016 Mazda 6 GT to make room for a 535d- but you're right, I've never driven an econobox.

Yep, I'm for real- apologies for insulting your "work of art".

Adding to the criticism, whats with the black plastic trim at the bottom on all 4 sides? Isn't this a luxury SUV? And insult to injury is the stupid chrome on top of the unpainted trim. Another cost cutting in addition to lack of
  1. panoramic roof
  2. seat adjustment
  3. auto hold
  4. Android Auto
  5. Carplay
  6. power folding mirrors w/ tilt
  7. surround view camera
  8. smart liftgate
  9. welcome lighting
  10. 3rd row AC vents

OK--I'll bite. If the F10 chassis is not outdated, why are the "F" BMWs all lasting only one generation, in favor of the new G's?

Because the F chassis was criticized for being too soft just chasing after sales from Mercedes. Honestly, The last true handling BMWs (which feel similarly tuned to Mazda) was the E chassis with the e60 and e90. I got into an e39 with a manual and refreshed suspension - modern cars simply do not handle like this anymore. The steering and balance is truly excellent.

Why did I buy the f10, well the 11 528i featured the older naturally aspirated 6 before Switching to a turbo 4 cylinder in 2012. It was also RWD only for this model. A 3L engine making 220ft/lb of torque at 2500rpm, no turbo wind up, nothing. Just smooth turbine like acceleration and an intoxicating exhaust+ intake note all the way to redline. These naturally balanced and very rare inline 6s are imperceptible between 650 and 7000rpm and the throttle response is exactly how you would expect. I get 23mpg in aggressive city driving and over 30mpg on the highway. The engine has 75k miles on it with zero issues (contrary to what many people think about BMW)

I laugh when people say RWD is bad in the winter. This isnt 1970 anymore, these modern RWD cars with winter tires will outhandle anything on the road. You can choose between impressive balance and grip or drifting through corners without letting go of the throttle. I see no reason why I would ever want AWD unless youre buying an SUV or very powerful car.

Adding to the criticism, whats with the black plastic trim at the bottom on all 4 sides? Isn't this a luxury SUV? And insult to injury is the stupid chrome on top of the unpainted trim. Another cost cutting in addition to lack of
  1. panoramic roof
  2. seat adjustment
  3. auto hold
  4. Android Auto
  5. Carplay
  6. power folding mirrors w/ tilt
  7. surround view camera
  8. smart liftgate
  9. welcome lighting
  10. 3rd row AC vents

Well you see, Mazda focuses on improving the handling, engine/drivetrain and good quality driver focused interiors. How would they have the time to work on what actually matters if theyre worrying about a bunch of nonsense like what you mentioned. If youre worried about tech like this and not the drive, Mazda isnt the brand for you. Its very simple.

It's a practical family vehicle with some luxuries. If i want a drivers vehicle I will buy a Miata or even my mazda6. They could have still had a drivers SUV with all the bells and whistles for 3-5k more. It is already that cheaper than the competition

I'm sure you can list 10 missing items in every SUV Out there... tell me which SUV has every feature you want??

CX-9 definitely isn't perfect. But it works well for me..

My dream vehicle is the F-Pace... but it too has it limitations despite its $10K higher sticker price... you seem to be happy with your Kia Sorento - what's missing in that vehicle you want? or does it have everything that the CX-9 doesn't?

Only thing missing in the Sorento is easier 3rd row access and led headlights instead of HIDs. More space too but then better get a minivan separately.

Only thing missing in the Sorento is easier 3rd row access and led headlights instead of HIDs. More space too but then better get a minivan separately.

One could say it's missing a heads up display, real wood, and real aluminum.

Just bought our CX9 GT AWD last Sunday. After series of watching reviews on youtube and reading pros and cons we decided to get the CX9. Yes it is not a perfect car but we love it so much. I guess for people who bought the CX9 and put a lot of complains, you did not do your homework. Even the high end cars will not give you everything even if you buy the highest trim and bought all the upgrades. Satisfaction is the key!

Back