I'm not sure how Jpn version had 11.

I would assume:
1 center dash
2 (new) A-pillars (replacing L/R dash)
2 front door
2 rear door
2 D-pillar
1 sub

I think the center dash has been eliminated given the location display. I think its:
2 (new) a pillar tweeters
2 dash
2 front door
2 rear door
2 D-pillar
1 sub

It seems like you have to complain about something, yrwei. It looks like this compares very favorably with CR-V and everything else in the segment.

As mentioned in the other thread, US version Bose system has 10 speakers instead of 11-speaker Bose setup in Japanese version. We added 2 tweeters on A pillars, what else we're missing? Is the spare-tire sub-woofer got eliminated or something else?
So in your definition I was discussing the missing Bose speaker and that to you is complaining?! (uhm)

No, this 2017 US version CX-5 is not good enough feature wise and compares not very favorably with CR-V and everything else in the segment. New CX-5 is trying to catch up features offered by new CR-V, but to me it didn't do enough to catch new customer's attention. Many current CX-5 owners are also disappointed based on this community alone!

As mentioned in the other thread, US version Bose system has 10 speakers instead of 11-speaker Bose setup in Japanese version. We added 2 tweeters on A pillars, what else we're missing? Is the spare-tire sub-woofer got eliminated or something else?
I'm not sure how Jpn version had 11.
I would assume:
1 center dash
2 (new) A-pillars (replacing L/R dash)
2 front door
2 rear door
2 D-pillar
1 sub
I think the center dash has been eliminated given the location display. I think its:
2 (new) a pillar tweeters
2 dash
2 front door
2 rear door
2 D-pillar
1 sub
Ricsta's suggestion on JDM Bose speaker setup is exactly what I thought. If we only get 10 speakers now on Bose, which means the spare tire sub-woofer is eliminated, may be for a mini spare? There's no spare tire with Bose sub-woofer in JDM CX-5. I really think this would be a big mistake if Mazda North American Operations have decided to delete the sub!

Bummed the active driving display is part of a package. Hoping that package is reasonably priced.

Might as well. Nav is simply a card that they give you. Easy upgrade!
If it takes the same version SD card that's in the 2016.. you can buy one on Amazon from a legit retailer for as low as $165.

So in your definition I was discussing the missing Bose speaker and that to you is complaining?! (uhm)

No, this 2017 US version CX-5 is not good enough feature wise and compares not very favorably with CR-V and everything else in the segment. New CX-5 is trying to catch up features offered by new CR-V, but to me it didn't do enough to catch new customer's attention. Many current CX-5 owners are also disappointed based on this community alone!

With exception of no ventilated seats and lack of CarPlay/AA (which even Honda is having trouble implementing without it locking up) the CX-5 options and overall package are pretty darn stellar. If you then take into account that the 1st Gen. CX-5's great looking design is being supplanted by an even better looking 2nd Gen. design while the CR-V went backwards in terms of looks. The 2016 CR-V was a decent looking CUV, however that nose and ESPECIALLY the tail end on the 2017 CR-Vs is butt ugly, especially in person. Those taillights sticking out sideways with that chrome accent bar between.....(blarf) It would not surprise me if the 2016 CR-V sales will be higher than the 2017 CR-Vs.

Our family has a 2016.5 CX-5 Touring, and I'm very excited about the new design and all the improvements. The one thing I'm waiting on is the 2.5 Turbo from the CX-9 to make it's way to the CX-5, as the Mazda execs have already hinted at in their discussions about all the hard points are shared amongst all the engines, allowing future flexibility. Install that 2.5T in the new AWD Grand Touring CX-5 and I'll be in line getting a second CX-5 for us, assuming my old 530i hangs on long enough to prevent a premature replacement with a Forester XT.

2017 CRV sales are already out pacing 2016 sales according to Honda's sales reports. My father bought a 2012 CRV and we bust on each other as to who has the better car. The only thing he wins on is hatch space. The CRV seats are pushed forward creating a cavernous hatch area. Down side is if you are tall you feel cramped as you can't get the front seats back far enough. I am only 5' 11" and I was very cramped driving my dads car.

+1

Ok, I'll bite... please educate us with a bulleted list of the *features* the CR-V has that the new CX-5 doesn't. According to you it'll be a big list, so feel free to use multiple posts to contain your big list. Thx!

Ok, I'll bite... please educate us with a bulleted list of the *features* the CR-V has that the new CX-5 doesn't. According to you it'll be a big list, so feel free to use multiple posts to contain your big list. Thx!
Has done that in another thread: (whistle)

congrats on your new car, I never really likes the old CRV
but the 2017 CRV is on my short list to replace my wife's car,
this new CRV looks really good,
I like the handsfree foot activated trunklid and the new GPS is Garmin based...

man, mainstream cars have really caught up to the luxury segment

Toshiaki Mikoshiba, the new president and CEO of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is finally steering Honda to the right direction for its car designs sold in the US. New 2017 Honda CR-V used BMW X3 as their benchmark (sorry, not Mazda CX-5) and has made big improvement to every area. 2017 CR-V got chosen by Car and Driver 10Best Award and the Best compact CUV on the market!

Comparing to new 2017 2nd-gen CX-5, 2017 5th-gen Honda CR-V has the following advantages:

1. More LED lighting applications including harder-to-mod LED turn signals.
  2. Foot activated power liftgate.
  3. Remote start included in the factory key fob.
  4. More sophisticated keyless entry system! Locking doors by a finger sensor with no push-bottom mechanical switch; unlocking and opening the door with a nature single-action touch-and-pull to the door handle, no need to push a button like CX-5!
  5. Left dead pedal has a protective pad.
  6. 12-way power adjustable driver's seat including 4-way power lumbar support like my BMW 528i!
  7. 8" infotainment screen is integrated into the center stack not like an afterthought.
  8. Front center vents mount high.
  9. Engine coolant temperature gague.
  10. Full-color high-tech looking TFT display for dash instruments.
  11. Available gray color interior perfect for my preferred silver exterior which makes cabin looks brighter.
  12. Highly criticized missing volume knob is back. Looks like Honda is listening!
  13. Infotainment system supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto!
  14. Garmin based Nav system supports live traffic!
  15. Better backup camera with 3 different views including top-down view when you're pulling a trailer.
  16. Much better designed center console arm rest which can slide forward.
  17. Both front windows are one-touch up-down power windows with illuminated power window switch on all 4 corners.
  18. Didn't see any smoke coming out during initial start up and revved the engine in the video like that Japanese CX-5 diesel did! ;)
However, I may still choose new 2017 CX-5 over 2017 CR-V simply because the CR-V uses turbo and CVT! :)

Oh, you mean the other thread where I tried to offer a more balanced comparison (Please see below - CX-5 advantages in bold and slightly updated.)

Comparing to new 2017 2nd-gen CX-5, 2017 5th-gen Honda CR-V has the following advantages:

More LED lighting applications including harder-to-mod LED turn signals.
BUT YOU HAVE TO STEP UP TO HIGHER TRIMS TO GET LED HEADLIGHTS AND LED FOGS ARE UNAVAILABLE AT ANY PRICE.
Foot activated power liftgate.
Remote start included in the factory key fob.
More sophisticated keyless entry system! Locking doors by a finger sensor with no push-bottom mechanical switch; unlocking and opening the door with a nature single-action touch-and-pull to the door handle, no need to push a button like CX-5!
Left dead pedal has a protective pad.
12-way power adjustable driver's seat including 4-way power lumbar support like my BMW 528i!

UNLIKE CX-5 PASSENGER HEIGHT ADJUSTMENTS ARE UNAVAILABLE. LET'S NOT FORGET NO REAR HEATED SEATS ON CR-V. THE CX-5 WILL HAVE THEM AND HEATED STEERING WHEEL TOO! PEOPLE DO FREQUENTLY COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS LACK OF HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT. WHY DOESN'T HONDA LISTEN?
8" infotainment screen is integrated into the center stack not like an afterthought.

CRV's IS MOUNTED TOO LOW AND THERE'S NO HUD AVAILABLE AT ANY PRICE. BY THE WAY, BOTH SCREENS ARE 7 INCHES. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. SEE HONDA NEWS.
Front center vents mount high.
Engine coolant temperature gauge.
IT'S IN THE NEW CONFIGURABLE RIGHT HAND DISPLAY - ALONG WITH A COMPASS THAT DOES NOT LOOK CHEAP.
Full-color high-tech looking TFT display for dash instruments.

THE BUTTONS FOR CHANGING SCREENS ARE RIDICULOUSLY TINY. THEY ARE A SAFETY HAZARD LIKE THE MANY SMALL TOUCH CONTROLS STILL FOUND IN THE NEW CRV.
Available gray color interior perfect for my preferred silver exterior which makes cabin looks brighter.
Highly criticized missing volume knob is back. Looks like Honda is listening!
IT FEELS CHEAP COMPARED WITH THE CURRENT CX-5 VOLUME KNOB. I KNOW; I HAVE A 2016 AND HAVE DRIVEN THE NEW CR-V.
Infotainment system supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto!

IT'S HALF BAKED. PUT IT BACK IN THE OVEN!
Garmin based Nav system supports live traffic!
I'D RATHER HAVE TRAFFIC SIGN RECOGNITION LIKE THE NEW CX-5 HAS AND THE CR-V DOESN'T.
Better backup camera with 3 different views including top-down view when you're pulling a trailer.
Much better designed center console arm rest which can slide forward.
IT FEELS CHEAP EVEN COMPARED WITH THAT OF THE CURRENT CX-5. AGAIN, I HAVE DRIVEN THE HONDA AND HAVE THE MAZDA.
Both front windows are one-touch up-down power windows with illuminated power window switch on all 4 corners.
Didn't see any smoke coming out during initial start up and revved the engine in the video like that Japanese CX-5 diesel did!
AT LEAST MAZDA HAS THE GUTS TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT AS A PERFORMANCE OPTION. G-VECTORING CONTROL- AN INNOVATION LIKE OLD HONDA USED TO PUT OUT. NEW HONDA IS NOT INNOVATIVE!

However, I may still choose new 2017 CX-5 over 2017 CR-V simply because the CR-V uses turbo and CVT!
We agree on one thing. There's hope!!

Oh, you mean the other thread where I tried to offer a more balanced comparison (Please see below - CX-5 advantages in bold and slightly updated.)

BUT YOU HAVE TO STEP UP TO HIGHER TRIMS TO GET LED HEADLIGHTS AND LED FOGS ARE UNAVAILABLE AT ANY PRICE.
Remote start included in the factory key fob.
More sophisticated keyless entry system! Locking doors by a finger sensor with no push-bottom mechanical switch; unlocking and opening the door with a nature single-action touch-and-pull to the door handle, no need to push a button like CX-5!
12-way power adjustable driver's seat including 4-way power lumbar support like my BMW 528i!

UNLIKE CX-5 PASSENGER HEIGHT ADJUSTMENTS ARE UNAVAILABLE. LET'S NOT FORGET NO REAR HEATED SEATS ON CR-V. THE CX-5 WILL HAVE THEM AND HEATED STEERING WHEEL TOO! PEOPLE DO FREQUENTLY COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS LACK OF HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT. WHY DOESN'T HONDA LISTEN?
8" infotainment screen is integrated into the center stack not like an afterthought.

CRV's IS MOUNTED TOO LOW AND THERE'S NO HUD AVAILABLE AT ANY PRICE. BY THE WAY, BOTH SCREENS ARE 7 INCHES. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. SEE HONDA NEWS.
Engine coolant temperature gauge.
IT'S IN THE NEW CONFIGURABLE RIGHT HAND DISPLAY - ALONG WITH A COMPASS THAT DOES NOT LOOK CHEAP.

THE BUTTONS FOR CHANGING SCREENS ARE RIDICULOUSLY TINY. THEY ARE A SAFETY HAZARD LIKE THE MANY SMALL TOUCH CONTROLS STILL FOUND IN THE NEW CRV.
Available gray color interior perfect for my preferred silver exterior which makes cabin looks brighter.
IT FEELS CHEAP COMPARED WITH THE CURRENT CX-5 VOLUME KNOB. I KNOW; I HAVE A 2016 AND HAVE DRIVEN THE NEW CR-V.
Infotainment system supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto!

IT'S HALF BAKED. PUT IT BACK IN THE OVEN!
Garmin based Nav system supports live traffic!
I'D RATHER HAVE TRAFFIC SIGN RECOGNITION LIKE THE NEW CX-5 HAS AND THE CR-V DOESN'T.
Better backup camera with 3 different views including top-down view when you're pulling a trailer.
IT FEELS CHEAP EVEN COMPARED WITH THAT OF THE CURRENT CX-5. AGAIN, I HAVE DRIVEN THE HONDA AND HAVE THE MAZDA.
Both front windows are one-touch up-down power windows with illuminated power window switch on all 4 corners.
Didn't see any smoke coming out during initial start up and revved the engine in the video like that Japanese CX-5 diesel did!
AT LEAST MAZDA HAS THE GUTS TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT AS A PERFORMANCE OPTION. G-VECTORING CONTROL- AN INNOVATION LIKE OLD HONDA USED TO PUT OUT. NEW HONDA IS NOT INNOVATIVE!

However, I may still choose new 2017 CX-5 over 2017 CR-V simply because the CR-V uses turbo and CVT!
We agree on one thing. There's hope!!

Me, I am getting the CR-V because of the fact that the left dead pedal has a protective pad.

The only thing Mazda has done wrong with the new CX5? Waiting so long to get it out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

well 2017 CRV it is officially. CRV has loads more features. Handling is on par with the CX5 per reviews. The CVT is the best CVT per reviews and doesn't suffer from the usual CVT undertakings. But mostly because of all the features included. CRV is so much more high tech and with the times. The full LED instrument cluster is beautiful roomier interior both in the front and back seats. Remote start standard, again the tech features makes the 2017 CX5 look like it was left behind 5 years ago. The CX5 is beautiful vehicle though, but can't justify a purchase merely on looks.

Go with whichever delusion helps you get to sleep at night, dude!
well 2017 CRV it is officially. CRV has loads more features. Handling is on par with the CX5 per reviews. The CVT is the best CVT per reviews and doesn't suffer from the usual CVT undertakings. But mostly because of all the features included. CRV is so much more high tech and with the times. The full LED instrument cluster is beautiful roomier interior both in the front and back seats. Remote start standard, again the tech features makes the 2017 CX5 look like it was left behind 5 years ago. The CX5 is beautiful vehicle though, but can't justify a purchase merely on looks.

Go with whichever delusion helps you get to sleep at night, dude!
Right? My god. I wouldn't have joined this forum if I had known I'd spend more time defending my purchase....On the Mazda forum?

Madness. Sheer madness. Why did these apparent CR-V fans buy a Mazda?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wow you're really pushing it aren't you with some of these CRV "features"?

1 isn't a feature
5 isn't a feature
7 isn't a feature, you just don't like the CX-5 design
8 isn't a feature, you just don't like the CX-5 design
11 isn't a feature, it's your preference
12 wow a volume knob? If only the CX-5 had one
16 is preference, not really a feature
18 isn't a feature

Not saying the CR-V doesn't have more features... but be real about the quantity. Mazda has it's fair share of features the CRV doesn't have too.

The list is lame I must say. Most of these are not features that the CR-V have that are better than the CX-5, they are mostly preferences. Below are some of the the points I believe are rather subjective:

How is it more? As long as the main headlights are LED thats most important. Pretty sure the CX-5 still has AFS and ALS on the headlights and are subjectively more premium looking.

This is a preference and I'd rather a have button to push it to open then to have to wave my foot in thin air under the car like an idiot to open the liftgate though I know it can be useful to some.

Hardly an advantageous feature!

This again is subjective and not an advantageous feature. I guess MB, BMW and Audi center stacked infotainment system must be inferior to the much criticised current gen CX-5 integrated system let alone the CR-V's.

Is this an advantage? I personally don't think so. It is safer to have the infotainment system sit above the vents so you don't have to look down on it keeping your eyes closer to the road and safer for everybody.

Engine coolant temperature gague.
Pretty redundant these days and not necessary on a modern car.

Pretty sure CX-5 TFT is also colour now. Who knows and who cares which is better or fancier.

Now is this really an objectively better "feature" the CRV has over the CX-5? C'mon now.

Right, so CR-V missed the volume knob in their previous gen and since it is back, it is more advantageous than the CX-5's which always had a volume knob!? Mazda didn't listen by including rear air vents now?

Subjective.

Hardly a deal breaker by any means.

If someone wanted to, they could list out their subjective preferences the CX-5 has over the CR-V but what is the point.

Back