2016: triple beep from advanced keyless entry

michaelveloz

:
2016 CX5 GT
So I own a 2016 GT as of 3 days ago. Am loving it so far.. keeping fingers crossed for reliability :)

A specific question: Today I turned off the car, got out (with the key fob in my pocket), walked around to the back to get something out of the liftback, then closed it. Then walked back to the driver door and pressed the black button on the door handle to lock the doors... and got a series of fast beeps (an error message apparently). Any ideas what these fast beeps are supposed to mean? I couldn't get the answer from the manual.

I thought maybe I'd left a door adjar, but I was able to use the lock button on the key fob to lock everything just fine.

Michaek

It actually beeps when you leave your keys in the car. I also observed it happens when you leave something in the passenger seat(bag in my case).

I just walk away from the car and it locks itself. There is a Catch 22 with that though. When I walk away, I want it to lock quickly so I can hear the beep. BUT, If I open the door for a passenger and shut it, it often locks before I can get around to the driver door which is annoying.

Last edited:
I just walk away from the car and it locks itself. There is a Catch 22 with that though. When I walk away, I want it to lock quickly so I can hear the beep. BUT, If I open the door for a passenger and shut it, it often locks before I can get around to the driver door which is annoying.

If you walk around the front of the car, the doors will lock because there isn't a receiver in the hood. If you walk around the rear of the car, the doors will stay unlocked because of the receiver for the rear hatch.

If you walk around the front of the car, the doors will lock because there isn't a receiver in the hood. If you walk around the rear of the car, the doors will stay unlocked because of the receiver for the rear hatch.

Great tip man thanks

The advanced keyless entry is a feature I really appreciate and get a lot of use out of.

"I just walk away from the car and it locks itself" <<- Don't you have to enable this behavior in the settings though? According to the manual, "auto lock" isn't the default..

I haven't tried this myself yet..

Michael

"I just walk away from the car and it locks itself" <<- Don't you have to enable this behavior in the settings though? According to the manual, "auto lock" isn't the default..

Michael

I'm pretty sure during the walk through my salesman showed me that was how it worked. Only thing I changed in the settings was 1 push of the button to unlock all doors instead of 2.

Michael

I know different Infotainment system to yours but I had to enable in my settings.

Does anybody know if there is a way to turn off the engine but keep the radio on?

Not sure on '16 but if you keep in Neutral when turning off on my '15 you can keep the radio on. Keep in neutral-turn off-then place in park.

Bob-Loblaw...With engine "off" foot "off" the brake pedal...press start button "1" time (Accessory Position) same procedure BUT press button "2" times (key on engine off position) Hope this helps!

Bob-Loblaw...With engine "off" foot "off" the brake pedal...press start button "1" time (Accessory Position) same procedure BUT press button "2" times (key on engine off position) Hope this helps!

No I meant like when you get to your destination and are listening to a song and you want to shut off the engine but not interrupt the song. Puting the car in Neutral then turning off the engine worked flawlessly.

Michael

Yes, the "auto-lock" has to be enabled in the vehicle settings. I did this so long ago I forget what the actual setting is!

Latest posts

Back