2016 Mazda 2 - 2015 Tokyo Auto Salon - Photo Gallery

:
2012 Mazda 2
FONTMOTORSPORTS

2015 Tokyo Auto Salon - 2016 Mazda 2 / Mazda Demio

I scoured the internet for photos of the new Mazda 2 / Demio at the 2015 Tokyo Auto Salon. It wasn't easy. For some reason US automobile online
magazine's aren't taking photos of it at all even though it is represented at this years 2015 Tokyo Auto Salon. There's still time for them to post photos
of it so hopefully they will soon. If you find any new photos or videos not posted here please feel free to post them yourselves.

I personally think the new Mazda 2 looks fantastic. When lowered it looks very aggressive, low to the ground, wide and has less of that bubbly rear that
our current Mazda 2 has. The front is longer and has a raked windshield.

If the rumor that we in the United States aren't getting the new Mazda 2 is true then we will be missing out on what would probably be the best looking
and possibly best performing sub-compact hatchback in the US. It'll be damn shame.

Also, the new Mazda 3 and Mazda CX-3 both look fantastic.

Knight Sports 2016 Mazda 2 / Mazda Demio

Knight Sports did a great job on the body kit at the front but the rear ( not seen here ) is way too busy for me and i can do with out this particular rear spoiler.
The drop is nice and so is their wheel choice.

2015TokyoAutosalonKnightSportsMazdaDemio1.jpg

As you can see the Mazda 2 now looks like the younger brother of the Mazda 3 design wise and they both look awesome.

2015TokyoAutosalonKnightSportsMazdaDemio2.jpg

Looks sick from the front. Low, wide and long front. Like it a lot.

2015TokyoAutosalonKnightSportsMazdaDemio3.jpg

Again, long front end and a raked windshield make it look much more aggressive and less bubbly.

2015TokyoAutosalonKnightSportsMazdaDemio4.jpg

Re-Amemiya Overdrive 2016 Mazda 2 / Mazda Demio

Re-Amemiya here i think is showing off some aftermarket mods they've include. I think there's a horsepower upgrade of some kind along with a suspension,
brakes, Enkei wheels, Yokohama tires and a body kit.

2015TokyoAutoSalonOverdriveReAmemiyaMazdaDemio1.jpg

Close up of the body kit front diffuser.

2015TokyoAutoSalonOverdriveReAmemiyaMazdaDemio4.jpg

This blue color is nice.

2015TokyoAutoSalonOverdriveReAmemiyaMazdaDemio5.jpg

2015TokyoAutoSalonOverdriveReAmemiyaMazdaDemio2.jpg

2015TokyoAutoSalonOverdriveReAmemiyaMazdaDemio3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Glad you like them. The 2 looks super mean from the front doesn't it? Wide, flat. I like it a lot. No announcement on US version as of yet however. When did the US become the black sheep? No manuals, no options, no hot hatches, no special editions. What's going on?

Nice pics! I like how the 2 looks more angry than the 3! Napolean complex!

.FONTMOTORSPORTS
Apparently Mazda has the Mazda Demio Racing Concept at the 2015 Tokyo Auto Salon but no one has taken any photos of it that i can tell.

2015TokyoAutoSalonMazdaDemioFront.jpg

2015TokyoAutoSalonMazdaDemioRear.jpg

Last edited:
.FONTMOTORSPORTS
I have to say, the new Mazda CX3 Mazda Demio Racing Concept looks awesome. This could be a good alternative if indeed we don't get the new Mazda 2 in the US. It's basically a small hatchback on a lift kit. Lower this baby, add some horses and you got yourself a very good looking hot hatch. If you're into that sort of thing. :)

2015TokyoAutosalonKnightSportsMazdaCX3Front.jpg

2015TokyoAutosalonKnightSportsMazdaCX3Rear.jpg

Last edited:
This is how Mazda promotes the new Mazda 2 in Thailand. As a sporty, fun to drive car. In the US the current Mazda 2 advertising was non-existent. And they wonder why it didn't sell that well in the US.

hmmm... i thought i replied to this thread. well, in new zealand, the car seems to be advertised as a girls car which raises the question why it isn't so across the board. i say this because in the commercial, there is a young woman driving the car with people here and there on the street (probably sydney or auckland) holding different coloured signs as arrows pointing at her directing her which way to go with things scribbled on them such as fun this way and this way for excitement and such.

despite the mean look, it does suit being lowered as an earlier user pointed out. but there is a problem, i don't have the twenty or so grand to pay for one! i have my mazda lantis anyway i have plans for that.

It's interesting how different countries promote the same car. New Zealand focused on women, Thailand has the focus on a young male and female and the UK focuses on the car itself. In the US Mazda was focused on not promoting it. We got one commercial for the current model that aired once and that was it. I like how Thailand and the UK are promoting it. As a cool looking, fun to drive car for anyone.

Never even knew a Mazda Lantis even existed.

hmmm... i thought i replied to this thread. well, in new zealand, the car seems to be advertised as a girls car which raises the question why it isn't so across the board. i say this because in the commercial, there is a young woman driving the car with people here and there on the street (probably sydney or auckland) holding different coloured signs as arrows pointing at her directing her which way to go with things scribbled on them such as fun this way and this way for excitement and such.

despite the mean look, it does suit being lowered as an earlier user pointed out. but there is a problem, i don't have the twenty or so grand to pay for one! i have my mazda lantis anyway i have plans for that.

I would do the same. They are nicely designed and interesting to look at. Is there a better design in it's class? Probably not. You don't really get this type of headlight design in this class.

Looks like they're really proud of their headlight design, there. About 50% of the commercial seemed focus on just that feature.

Back