2016 CX-5, which color?

Blue Reflex of course.

IMG_20150402_070658596_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150402_070646564_HDR.jpg

+1

I got the silver, wtf my other two cars are silver. I really like the white but not with the tar etc. around here

I'll chime in with Soul Red. It was the only option for my wife. My second choice was Deep Crystal Blue, but now that I have seen Reflex Blue on the road, that would have been a toss up.

Love the Sonic Silver. It will be the best at hiding dirt and scratches in the future.

Color choice is always a problem for me. Considering that I usually purchase at the end of a model year (got a new CX-5 on April 1st) my choices are usually limited. I will not buy a Red, Black, or white vehicle though. Funny although I never buy Black or white, I did purchase Meteor Grey Mica this time . Sure looks great when clean...
I suppose it will show all dirt like a black one, but I still liked the Grey-mica color enough to buy!
If ordering, I would go for the titanium flash mica (whatever the real color is):); 2nd the new blue , and then meteor grey mica...tied with the Sonic Silver. My last outback was a light Silver metallic , which is a very popular color out here.

As far as interior color goes, we usually are stuck with black. I have not seen many SUV interiors in colors other than black, which usually require a special order. (unless you are very lucky. The lighter colors like parchment, are beautiful, but seem to wear badly (Dirt rubbing into cloth or leather is abrasive!...Funny that certain cars seem to have specific buyers and their colors...ie: Subaru Outback is pretty popular in their funky green color!
Anyone remember Triumph TR-4 IRS in British Racing Green with Tan interior...Was beautiful imho...so beautiful, that I waited 6 months to get my hands on one!
GOOD LUCK what ever you get!

Attachments

• DSC_0215.JPG
    DSC_0215.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 2,506
Last edited:
Sonic Silver doesnt show dirt as much - more blue silver looking in full sun - more silver in shade and nightime
111mazdaab_zpsbxingh86.jpg
Love the Sonic Silver. It will be the best at hiding dirt and scratches in the future.
I got the silver, wtf my other two cars are silver. I really like the white but not with the tar etc. around here
We got the Sonic Silver because silver is a nice color, hides dirt the best, and I'm not interested washing the car too often! All 5 new cars we've bought previously were silver exterior with gray interior. Unfortunately Mazda doesn't offer gray interior for silver, and not even parchment as we hate black interior which is too hot in Texas summer! Sonic Silver is the darkest silver color we've ever seen, even darker than previous Liquid Silver!

We got the Sonic Silver because silver is a nice color, hides dirt the best, and I'm not interested washing the car too often! All 5 new cars we've bought previously were silver exterior with gray interior. Unfortunately Mazda doesn't offer gray interior for silver, and not even parchment as we hate black interior which is too hot in Texas summer! Sonic Silver is the darkest silver color we've ever seen, even darker than previous Liquid Silver!

Is the black interior really uncomfortably hot in the summer even with a silver exterior? Also I saw the Sonic Silver and Liquid silver side by side. The new Sonic is definitely lighter. The Liquid Silver was a tad darker with a bit more grey pearl in it.

Is the black interior really uncomfortably hot in the summer even with a silver exterior? Also I saw the Sonic Silver and Liquid silver side by side. The new Sonic is definitely lighter. The Liquid Silver was a tad darker with a bit more grey pearl in it.
Yes, black interior definitely feels hotter than gray or other lighter interior in hot Texas summer! We had tasted a bit on the other day when the temperature reached to 85F, not to mention 100F+ during summer almost everyday! The other drawback on black interior is, for older people with poorer eyesight, it feels too dark when you're just getting into the cabin, especially the rear seat with factory tinted glass, and you can hardly see anything on the black seat and floor!
Yeah, I saw the discussion and people say new Sonic Silver is lighter than old Liquid Silver. But when we picked up our 2016's I saw a lighter silver CX-5 sitting under the sun. The salesman told me that was Liquid Silver from 2015. I think may be it was the sun which makes it looked lighter. Still Sonic Silver is the darkest silver among all 6 silver colors we've had owned.

We are drawn to the two-tone parchment interior. However, should we be worried about stains/markings with such a light colored leather? Thanks.

We are drawn to the two-tone parchment interior. However, should we be worried about stains/markings with such a light colored leather? Thanks.

When new, the light colored leather interiors look great. After a few years, though, light shows age whereas black still looks good.

I agree. I had the liquid silver and loved it. I moved to the soul red. It's gorgeous when clean (like the white and black) but shows way more dirt than my silver did. :)

Is the parchment leather option offered in every exterior color or just some???

sand cloth or parchment leather is only offered on black, red, dark blue, white, titanium
I wish you could get it on silver, it would match nicely

Last edited:
Back