2015 Mazda CX-5?

Can anyone confirm when production of 2015's will begin? We are considering ordering a 2014 GT because we cannot seem to get the combination of options and color that we want, but I don't want to order a 2014 only to have the 2015's begin production in a few weeks.

2015 production starts second week of January 2014. It's already too late to "order" a 2014. Your dealer may be able to pull an identical car to your request from the existing pipeline.

I don't like the Mazda 3 dash, with that "stereo" sticking up on the top of the dash. I'm planning to swap out the factory radio with a Kenwood nav unit. Try swapping out that unit, with something aftermarket.

2015 production starts second week of January 2014. It's already too late to "order" a 2014. Your dealer may be able to pull an identical car to your request from the existing pipeline.

hey notalk - many thanks for the info. Not trying to ask a dumb question, but how are dealers supposed to know this? Can I point them to some sort of "official" Mazda communication or a website?

The guys I've been dealing with have been less than forthcoming with information, which as always is par for the course for these guys (and a big reason why I'm rooting for Tesla in their court fight with dealer associations)

I don't like the Mazda 3 dash, with that "stereo" sticking up on the top of the dash. I'm planning to swap out the factory radio with a Kenwood nav unit. Try swapping out that unit, with something aftermarket.

So, it's good for you (but maybe not for others) because you don't like the appearance of the 2014 Mazda 3 dash? What if the 2015 stereo/nav is so good you wouldn't need to replace? Wouldn't it then have been better for you to have waited for a 2015?

hey notalk - many thanks for the info. Not trying to ask a dumb question, but how are dealers supposed to know this? Can I point them to some sort of "official" Mazda communication or a website?

The guys I've been dealing with have been less than forthcoming with information, which as always is par for the course for these guys (and a big reason why I'm rooting for Tesla in their court fight with dealer associations)

This is not a secret. Mazda has not only released the order dates to the dealers, but has published the production start dates in a "fleet sales" press release.

I don't think we can help you if your local dealer is more concerned with moving their existing cars than making a customer relationship, except to suggest finding another dealer.

To me it matter how it looks too. It seems like an afterthought. I'm wondering how it will look like when the sun shines on it.
So, yes it's good for me. I even have a PC build that I could install in there and I also have a Kenwood nav unit. For me, it would have being a disaster if it came with that tablet stuck there.

First of all hello everyone, I'm new here !

When, in your opinion, Mazda will unveil the 2015 CX-5 ?
Maybe there's a chance for the LA Auto Show that starts today ?

And what you think Mazda can add to the CX-5 ?
Personally, this is what I would like to see...

- New infotainment system, I think somebody else already mentioned the new one in the Mazda3...
- Paddle shifting...
- Power liftgate...
- Memory function on driver's seat...

You think there is a chance that they will add all this ?
My father is considering buying a SUV in 2014, for now the two strongest candidates are the new Rav4 and the CX-5... the Rav has all the things i mentioned before, I hope Mazda can add them to the CX-5 as well !

- New infotainment system, I think somebody else already mentioned the new one in the Mazda3...
- Paddle shifting...
- Power liftgate...

My father is considering buying a SUV in 2014, for now the two strongest candidates are the new Rav4 and the CX-5... the Rav has all the things i mentioned before, I hope Mazda can add them to the CX-5 as well !
Watch this
IMO, the power liftgate & memory seats are not deal breakers. It'd be nice to have in the CX-5, but the RAV4 is so fugly & Toyotas are not fun to drive.

Last edited:
I met with a dealer manager and he told me that he just placed an order for the 2015 models for end of feb , 2014 delivery.

But then I asked another dealership about it and they say not to expect it until June.

Wonder if there's any truth to either of these.

Last edited:
My dealer told me yesterday that Mazda is putting in the diesel motors with the 2015 models in the spring.

I am anxiously awaiting the 2015 release, my next vehicle purchase is dependent upon option availability, particularly involving the manual transmission.

Last edited:
I've been working with a local dealership in NJ on a CX-5 purchase and recently found out that there might be another refresh coming on top of the 2014.5 updates.

As of the last time I was there about a week ago, the dealer said that he can no longer place orders for 2014's and he also cannot order 2015's yet so they are in limbo.

My guess is that there may be new options coming so we've asked to hold off on our original purchase of a 2014.5 and wait for the 2015's to enter the system. He said that new orders go out starting the first week of January with an estimated delivery of March.

But quite frankly, I don't think anyone knows yet. What I'm wondering is how certain it is that this first batch in 2014 will have the rumored refreshes (Nav, front fascia, LED DRL???).

I drove an auto 2.5L the other day while waiting for maintenance. I like it but I can't see paying new-car price for one without a stick shift....unless it has a diesel and a decent towing capacity.

I recently ordered a 2.2d 175 PS AWD Sport Nav CX5 from Donald's Mazda in Peterborough. We made our order in December. We ordered a fully loaded version with loads of options. I emailed the dealer and asked if he had sourced our car from current stock or whether it was having to be assembled in the factory. He told me that he decided to order us the model with 'all the facelifts' and that it was currently being built at the factory. He also said it would be with them well before our agreed collection date of March 1st 2014 so it seems to me the 2015 model is already being build ready for shipping in the next month or so!

I asked what the exact list of facelifts was but have not yet had a reply so Im really intrigued!!!

Anyone got anything concrete yet?

Last edited:
What if you won't like the new face lift? Just kidding.

I cant even begin to think that will be true unless they seriously change the look of the car itself which is fairly unlikely without them doing a huge press release and ad campaign. Shape and size will remain, interior will receive some tweaks and thinks like the handbrake and gearbox gaters will hopefully get upgraded to real leather with red stitching. Hopefully the 7 inch screen will materialise, a DAB radio and a power tailgate and hood would be excellent!

- Paddle shifting...
- Power liftgate...

IMO I doubt the CX5 will feature any of these options besides the new infotainment system, though I do wish since purchasing the GT trim would include some of them. But all in all, the CX5 appears to me a "straight to the point" vehicle and that depending on your dad's purchasing timeline and must haves, the CX5 may come up a little short in terms of features but compensates with the driving experience. At least that's what got me to buy the CX5. I overlooked the clumsy infotainment, lack of built in lighting in the windows and door lock buttons, and etc for a more enticing machine.

Back