2015 CX-5 Stereo Upgrade

:
2015 CX-5 Touring
:
AWD w/Tech Pkg
Hello all!

I was curious about what type of upgrades you have done for your radio units. I currently have a Kenwood head unit that I love and hate. I still also have the stock unit in a box and I really wanted to go back to the original but updated. I was hoping to see if the 2018-2019 CX-5 stock units with Apple Carplay would fit OR maybe the Mazda 3 units? My goal is to also fill in the dead space that is surrounding it with the display screen. I think it would look cozy nestled in and fit nicely. Has anyone attempted to make the switch or know of any good options to try without breaking the bank?

Which Kenwood don't you like? I ask, because I have a DDX8905S in my CX-5, a DDX8706S in my MZ5, and a DMX7705S in my Silverado. All seriously kick ass. Heck, I even get full gauges, right on my radio.
IMG_20201209_162404218_HDR.jpg

I
Which Kenwood don't you like? I ask, because I have a DDX8905S in my CX-5, a DDX8706S in my MZ5, and a DMX7705S in my Silverado. All seriously kick ass. Heck, I even get full gauges, right on my radio.View attachment 311097
I have a very similar unit. I have the Kenwood ddx9903s. My touch at the bottom is going out, the Bluetooth takes years to connect, I have to wiggle the carplay wire all the time to reconnect my phones. Also the tilt went out on mine and ive never even used the cd player in it. I think mine is locked honestly because I know at one point I could watch youtube when parked and now I cant.

Ah yeah. The '03's are a few years older. Probably just worn out. Sorry you're experiencing that. Have you ever updated the firmware? If not, that may fix your glitch, especially on the Bluetooth side.

Maybe try the newer Alpine? Those are pretty sweet for sure. The iLX-407 and 507 are pretty sick for sure. The difference is, the 507 has wireless CarPlay/Android Auto.

I updated the last known firmware in ‘19 and haven’t been able to find any more updates since then. Like you said its older so I think ive hit the end. I will look into those. Thank you!

Back