2014 Mazda3 Accessories are here!

Thanks! They do look small on the car haha I'll probably get them for Christmas or in 2014 or something, gotta stop spending for now =/

Yeah, They are quite small in sizes. More decorative than functional....
$100 to install them is a rip-off, but not as bad as the cabin air filter that dealer charges $90 to put in!!!

I put the mud guards on today. The fronts are easy peezy - about 5 minutes each.
The rears are a little more work since you need to pull the fender liners. The instructions are pretty good but omit one important fact. Once the screws and fasteners are removed the liner still feels pretty solid and won't come out. There are a series of 6 clips along the outer edge. You need to push/slide the liner toward the opposite side of the car to get them to unsnap. If you try to pull down or pry the liner off, you will likely break them. The other part that makes the rear go slow is simply lack of room to get anything but an offset screwdriver in there. A small socket, or better yet, pulling the tire would make the entire operation a lot easier. In case it helps anyone else, here is a picture of the liner, the notches you cut, and the clips I'm talking about. Notch, two clips, notch, two clips, a space and the last two clips are hard to see.
Next up, window tint on Friday.

DSCN4121_zps2b3e9bf7.jpg

As for feedback, I'm not sure they will do much good. They seem too small to be functional. They look OK. My car is black so they aren't very noticeable. I was surprised at how much mud was already on and under the car so if these work at all, it will be a good investment, IMO. Although, like many car accessories, they are stupid expensive for what they are.
Once I get the tint done and clean it up, I'll take a pic.

Last edited:
I had Rally Armor mudflaps on the previous car and they helped a TON. I emailed RA because they only list flaps up to 2013 for the Mazda3. Waiting to hear back if they will work or if they're doing a redesign for the new body style. $130 for mudflaps is a little pricey but they're well worth it, IMO.

Fyi, RA's response:

Thank you for your inquiry. While we expect to release a 2014 specific mud flap for the new Mazda 3, the launch date is unclear as of yet. We will contact you when we have more information.

Regards,
Team Rally Armor

Thanks. Did you upgrade from OEM mudflaps to Rally Armor mudflaps to see an improvement in your previous car?

Thanks. Did you upgrade from OEM mudflaps to Rally Armor mudflaps to see an improvement in your previous car?
It didn't have OEM mudflaps but the car had really wide fenders and would get destroyed by road debris until I put the Rally Armors on. They cover a lot more surface area and look much better than most OEM mudflaps too.

My first accessories... Bought the LED kit from Corksport. What a difference!

Also had 20% tint done all the way around yesterday. Was an early bday gift from my gf! (headbang) The angle(and weather) make it look darker than it actually is, though it is still pretty dark.

^ Nice, sometimes I wish I went darker on my tint but then I didn't want to be paranoid when cop drives next to me lol Looks good man :D

Thanks low! Anything on the front windows is illegal here in RI, but for the most part, as long as you don't drive like an ass the cops don't bother you for it. I had it on my STI for 2 years and never had an issue, and that car was loud and called attention to itself.

Of course, I probably just jinxed myself. :p

My first accessories... Bought the LED kit from Corksport. What a difference!

the LEDs look amazing. checked out corksport and bought the kit, looking forward to putting it on... thx snowblazin

now if I can just change the fog lights.. instead of leaving them off permanently for the time being

I was looking at their only other item for the 2014 Mazda 3 which was that air intake enhancer for bonus hp/torque.. looked interesting but only available for 2.0L?

Aero kit (+ larger rear spoiler) is available separately on mazdausa.com.
Pricing is also published.
Just FYI.

I plan to do tinting next week. found a local shop with good review on Yelp.
Will post pictures later.

In CA, 70% VLT on front windows, no rules on rear windows.
4 inch top tinting allowed on windshield.

For some reason I'm not too excited about the aero kit. It does look good but doesn't make me want to get one. I wish it was color matched with the car =/ I had an oem lip kit on my 2000 accord coupe back long time ago, I liked the look when they're the same color.

I will get the rear spoiler tho. It's going to be a little over $320 at my dealer but was told mazda isn't sending them out yet when I checked a couple weeks ago. Said once they make more they'll start sending them to dealers so maybe another month or two.

I just checked it out on MazdaUSA and call me crazy, but the spoiler doesn't look any different than the stock one to me. Do they not have a picture of the aero spoiler or is the difference between the 2 minuscule?

I just checked it out on MazdaUSA and call me crazy, but the spoiler doesn't look any different than the stock one to me. Do they not have a picture of the aero spoiler or is the difference between the 2 minuscule?

I spoke with mazda corp and they told me it will be slightly larger and has a slight angle to give it a more aggressive look. Check out the video, you can see the spoiler there, along with the aero kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMvJR03mSMY

I'm pretty sure NO tint is allowed on the front windows in California unless it's clear/transparent.

From California Highway Patrol's website:

Can I put after-market tinting on the windows of my vehicle?
The main requirements for legal window tinting in California are:

The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides.
The law prohibits any person from driving any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows, with certain limited exceptions.

However, legislation signed into law effective January 1, 1999, exempts from the above prohibition specified clear, colorless, and transparent material that is installed, affixed, or applied to the front driver and passenger side windows for the specific purpose of reducing ultraviolet rays. If, as, or when this material becomes torn, bubbled or otherwise worn, it must be removed or replaced.

:(

Aero kit (+ larger rear spoiler) is available separately on mazdausa.com.
Pricing is also published.
Just FYI.

I plan to do tinting next week. found a local shop with good review on Yelp.
Will post pictures later.

In CA, 70% VLT on front windows, no rules on rear windows.
4 inch top tinting allowed on windshield.

I spoke with mazda corp and they told me it will be slightly larger and has a slight angle to give it a more aggressive look. Check out the video, you can see the spoiler there, along with the aero kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMvJR03mSMY

Thanks! The funny thing is I watched that video before and didn't even notice the spoiler was different. It's subtle in the video but the difference probably looks more dramatic in person. Make sure you post lots of pics when you get the spoiler on!

I'm pretty sure NO tint is allowed on the front windows in California unless it's clear/transparent.

The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides.
The law prohibits any person from driving any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows, with certain limited exceptions.

However, legislation signed into law effective January 1, 1999, exempts from the above prohibition specified clear, colorless, and transparent material that is installed, affixed, or applied to the front driver and passenger side windows for the specific purpose of reducing ultraviolet rays. If, as, or when this material becomes torn, bubbled or otherwise worn, it must be removed or replaced.

Llumar has a very light tint, air blue 80, that can be used on the front windows. Most of the time, as long as the officer can safely see into the car they won't hassle you. I've had 20% before on my old car, even 5% rear at one point, and got hassled a few times. However, all the cars I've had were all tinted with either 70-80% on the windshield and officer never noticed it. This time around I stuck with very light tint all around lol

Thanks! The funny thing is I watched that video before and didn't even notice the spoiler was different. It's subtle in the video but the difference probably looks more dramatic in person. Make sure you post lots of pics when you get the spoiler on!

Will do for sure :D

The text you posted is very vague. (i.e. up to interpretation)
From other sources, they all list 70% VLT front windows for CA.
BTW, 70% is very transparent.

For the safety of officers, I am all for more transparent front windows.
My main concerns are for the rear windows.
They are the most transparent to me, among all the vehicles I have owned.
(for privacy and UV protection)

I am not excited about the aero kit either. Just FYI if those interest you.

Last edited:
Back