2014 CX-5 Info is now up on the MazdaUsa website

Specs not quite updated. It still showing Touring and GT with 2.0l engine when you build your own vehicle.

Still, it's progress since some folks have taken delivery of their 2014's.

Yes! Now I can find out what dealers in AZ actually have 2014's in stock.

Thanks for letting us know but it's really disappointing about the lack of red with tan interior. I need the tan interior to help hide hair from my yellow lab. My current black interior car is a disaster.

Glad to see they updated the site, the local Mazda dealer here finally lists the 2014 on their website, but no pictures yet. No AWD here yet, they are pretty rare in Central Texas.

Getting a few quotes back on a white pearl & meteor gray. Hopefully we'll buy one this week. Wife's '06 3 GT hatch needs new front struts & oil pan gasket has a small leak. We're outgrowing it with a 2 y.o son & trying for a 2nd.
Been waiting for the 2.5l SkyActivG to come out for a few months now. Didn't know dealers had them in stock until I saw you cam build one on mazdausa.com today.

If anyone can post their purchase price of their '13 GT w/tech package, I'd really appreciate it so I can see if I'm getting ripped off.
The 0.9% financing is drawing me to purchase ASAP & $500 Mazda loyalty incentive helps too. Hopefully I'll get at least $7-7500 for the 3, it has 71k miles.

I paid 500. under invoice as per Costco pricing. Dealer matched Costco price.
IMO it has plenty of Get Up and Go!

2013 CX5 GT Fwd
W/tech pkg and navigation
Crystal white pearl
Purchased 1-31-2012

I have 4 yr old and 9 mo old grand daughters. I can fit the 2 car seats in fine but it is tight if you add a third carseat. I did squeeze a baby carrier, a booster seat and a full size car seat. Seat belts are kind of hard to snap with a wide base car seat. Two strollers and more fit just fine in the cargo area. Love the car and I feel very safe.

Last edited:
I paid 500. under invoice as per Costco pricing. Dealer matched Costco price.
IMO it has plenty of Get Up and Go!

2013 CX5 GT Fwd
W/tech pkg and navigation
Crystal white pearl
Purchased 1-31-2012

I have 4 yr old and 9 mo old grand daughters. I can fit the 2 car seats in fine but it is tight if you add a third carseat. I did squeeze a baby carrier, a booster seat and a full size car seat. Seat belts are kind of hard to snap with a wide base car seat. Two strollers and more fit just fine in the cargo area. Love the car and I feel very safe.

Are you sure its 500 under invoice and not 500 under msrp?

No, it was definitely 500. Under invoice. The Mazda dealer said that they are contracted with Costco and they are forced to sell at their price no negotiations.

http://www.costcoauto.com/new_cars/how_the_program_works/default.aspx

Many dealers I spoke to were familiar with the Costco pricing. If they don't match then just order from the Costco dealer.

In case you want to call the Mazda dealership I spoke to it was in San Raphael Ca.

Last edited:
I bought my GT w/technology pkg on Friday at invoice. I was going to use USAA's car buying service but it was only $700 off MSRP (was $1650 off MSRP on the 2013).

When I last purchased a new vehicle in 2009, I mentioned to a dealer that I would be getting a CostCo quote. He said they provided CostCo with quotes and would offer me that deal without having to go through Costco's site.

There is no way that a dealer is going to contractually agree to sell cars at $500 under INVOICE just because someone has a Costco membership. Not even close, if we are talking about "out the door", how about this? I sell you a vehicle at $500 under and obtw we have a $600 prep fee and a $150 to process the registration (in addition to the actual government fees). I priced a loaded CRV through Costco's program and it was at Invoice or a little above. You can do better by sending out requests for quotes yourself.

Last edited:
Back