2014 CX-5 Hood TSB?

well. had my mirror tsb performed.. maybe reduced is vibration by 33%....

last year, the hood didnt seem to vibrate so much, but recently knowing it much more so off to the dealer it goes.
scheduled apt 2 weeks in advance
after 2.5hrs of waiting they noted that it will take 6 hrs to cure and I will have to come back.... not a good option since I am 45mins each way from them. so they offered to give a rental and I confirmed that they were going to do it that evening and it was going to be cured when I pick up the car tomorrow.. yep... yes.. all set.
next day, I get a call at 3:30PM expecting to hear it was all set..... nah... nope... they dont have the tsb hood kit. huh? okay.. when is it expected? a 1-1.5weeks.. okay dokay. guess I am keeping the rental till then.
pretty bad organization skills... this is grappone in bow NH.

Last edited:
I had the driver mirror and hood TSB work performed for my 2014.5 GT. The hood has been solid, but the mirror still shakes some. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's definitely still there. I haven't had time yet, but I"m going to contact the dealer again and see what, if anything, can be done.

I read the TSB. It only said to the put the caulk/glue/whatever in the area you took a photo of.
Wow.. no wonder that after 2 actions on it, my s*** still flutters. I had removed my struts the other day to have this issue addressed AGAIN and then the dame ball socket for one of my struts broke as I was trying to get it centered (struts don't reduce the bouncing). Mirror TSB is waiting on parts.I have already bene told that the mirror problem will not go away 100%, which isn't a big deal for me. However the annoying ass bouncing hood is. I am not driving a beater; this is a relatively (and purchased new) car.

Hey guys (new poster here) I had a 3GT 5-door that had so many issues that it took a year for Mazda to finally (pretty much) hand me a 2016 CX-5 GT with Tech and I'm shocked that not only do I get the hood vibrations at idle, or any speed, but the kicker is that the hood actually bounces up and down. I took it to a dealer near me (not the purchasing dealer) and they rode in the car and claimed they couldn't see anything. They drove about 2 miles an hour and weren't even paying attention. It's actually distracting with the reflection from the paint. The original dealer simply adjusted the hood stops, but the vibration is coming from the area where it looks like in '14 and '15 models it needed sealant. They clearly didn't fix this issue so buyer beware for the 2016 models. I've seen where my hood actually doesn't seem to line up with the hood latch. I can't find anything on how to lower and adjust this - anyone got any ideas? After my over one year mess with Mazda I want to push this thing off a cliff! So I'm turning to you guys for help - the dealers really don't care at all.

Hey guys (new poster here) I had a 3GT 5-door that had so many issues that it took a year for Mazda to finally (pretty much) hand me a 2016 CX-5 GT with Tech and I'm shocked that not only do I get the hood vibrations at idle, or any speed, but the kicker is that the hood actually bounces up and down. I took it to a dealer near me (not the purchasing dealer) and they rode in the car and claimed they couldn't see anything. They drove about 2 miles an hour and weren't even paying attention. It's actually distracting with the reflection from the paint. The original dealer simply adjusted the hood stops, but the vibration is coming from the area where it looks like in '14 and '15 models it needed sealant. They clearly didn't fix this issue so buyer beware for the 2016 models. I've seen where my hood actually doesn't seem to line up with the hood latch. I can't find anything on how to lower and adjust this - anyone got any ideas? After my over one year mess with Mazda I want to push this thing off a cliff! So I'm turning to you guys for help - the dealers really don't care at all.

This is old, old news. Re-read the previous comments for solution - there is nothing more to add to this.

I see this is your first post. Can we see a picture of your new ride?

No photo, didn't happen.

well there is no more info for the 2016's (maybe too new) so i posted here - my apologies - i've tried the above mentioned "fixes" with TSB's to my dealer and they look at me like i'm crazy with the same boiler plate response of that was fixed 2 years ago. i'll post not only pics for you, but the gopro footage as well.

Reposting from the other thread- just in case the info helps someone with the same problem

I had the same issue. 11/12 build 2013 CX5. Should have not been affected according to the TSB, however all my foam seal points were delaminated. I don't want to deal with that ultra rare 3m adhesive and a mixing gun, so I used clear silicone adhesive all around the seam. I made sure to get some sealant inside the hood skin area so it bonded better. Silicone should hold it together without bouncing yet remain flexible in all weather conditions, while not pulling dents like a solid epoxy would.

Its drying now so I will report back this week on how it performed. I added a bit of weight to the area where the hood skin was off to try and keep it tight while curing. I think the factory describes it as "preload" which they supposedly increased after the TSB.

Not a huge deal, just kinda annoying when the hood skin is bouncing around while driving. Hoping the silicone work

another option
QY9bYQj.jpg

Back