2014.5 CX-5 features and how to identify?

Does anyone know how to identify the 2014.5 models from the VIN's?

My mother and I ordered two nearly identical CX-5's GT AWD (no tech) on December 30, 2013 and are awaiting delivery of them (hopefully soon). Today, I was provided the VIN for the second of the two CX-5's by Mazda Canada Roadside Assistance; but, you apparently can't tell the date of manufacture from the VIN.

The last six digits of the VIN's for our two vehicles end in 413XXX and 421XXX, respectively (I've obscured the last 3 numbers as "X"'s, out of privacy concerns). Does anyone who received the 2014.5, have VIN's that are sequentially earlier than our two VIN's?

I am just wondering whether we will receive the last of the 2014's or will be one of the recipients of the early 2014.5's.

I've got a 2014.5 and my VIN is 417xxx, so it's in the middle of your two VINs.

So from looking at different cars today at the dealership, I believe we found a winner. Can you guys confirm via the photo below if this is in fact a 2014.5 I think it is because they had a Bright Blue CX-5 that was one of the discontinued colors and it had a different shifter on it.

So from looking at different cars today at the dealership, I believe we found a winner. Can you guys confirm via the photo below if this is in fact a 2014.5 I think it is because they had a Bright Blue CX-5 that was one of the discontinued colors and it had a different shifter on it.

Yes, this is a 2014.5

SEL Speaker Downgrade?

I've had confirmation from my dealer that all CX-5's ordered from December onwards will be the facelift model. I've attached documentation that details the changes. Enjoy!

View attachment 206078View attachment 206079

Unfortunately it looks like there will be less enjoyment for those purchasing the SEL trim level as from the specification sheets attached the number of speakers has reduced from 6 to 4. The UK April 2013 brochure lists 6 speakers as standard and I can confirm that the system does sound like it has 6 speakers as the front tweeters on top of the dash do work.

Four speakers at foot level will sound horrendous. Is this another case of car manufacturers giving with one hand and taking away with the other?

Views welcome.

Jonno21

Mines built in 10/13 and has the new shifter. Do you think we have the updated partial offset crash updates? Any other updates on the US? I don't have the updated power drivers seat or power passenger seat.

CX-5 is fantastic in horrible snow/ice conditions btw.

Hi,

Yesterday I went to see the vehicle in a Mazda dealer (Derco) and I can confirm that 2014.5 is in Chile too. All the versions, even the base models have the new straight shifter.

According to the seller, the new shifter is available on the CX-5 a couple of months ago.

No memory on the driver seat and no electric passenger seat anyway.

Cheers.

Back