2013 non bose system, which speakers?

edubag

:
2013 cx-9
hey guys,

I just purchased a brand new 2013 cx-9 with the base system. I like audio and the system is lacking, so I have a couple of questions.

1.- how much power the stock head unit puts out into how many channels?
2.- if the dash speakers are dash units, is there a crossover somewhere in the line or are they just amplified directly from the headunit?
3.- if I wanted to upgrade the speakers first in order not to do a lot of disassembling, which would be the best route? it seems to me that a lot of people like infinity (I personally have always used polk) but I would like to know if the 6829 or the 6832, one is kappa and the other reference. I ask this because it seems that the dash speakers are easier to find in reference than in kappa models.
4.- if I wanted to upgrade dash speaker using kappas on the doors, could I get away with the kappa stand alone tweeters? my car comes with Bluetooth so I just want to make sure that whatever I do does not affect all the functions of the stock headunit.

so I guess is a matter of which brand, infinity or polk, and within the brand which models recommended that integrate well with the stock headunit. all this without breaking the bank, so I guess the best bang for buck choice.

thank you so much for your help. I will be waiting for your input,

Eduardo

A little off topic but I put the Infinity Reference series in my F-150. As far as not braking the bank some judicious shopping and I scored them for around $60 a pair. Combined with a sub they sound real nice. I just put An Otto Navi GPS/DVD player into my 2012 CX-9 and will at some point be looking to upgrade speakers as well. some of it will depend on whether I can find unobtrusive way to mount a sub (I don't want to see it). I I can't find a food way to put a sub in then higher quality speakers will be the way to go since they will have to cover more of the low frequencies.

I'll be following this thread to see what others have done.

if you are putting aftermarket speakers its best to put an amp on it. your factory headunit most likely only outputs 15-20watts rms while aftermarket speakers are at least 50watts rms

I was hoping that the base/standard 2013 audio system was upgraded from the 2012 and earlier models. When I was shopping for my 2012 CX-9 GT, I found one WITHOUT the Moonroof/Bose Package and it was a STEAL- in Nov 2012, they offered it to me for $26,500 and it stickered for 34,700-ish. But the standard audio system was just too 'basic' for a vehicle of this type and price, especially on the Grand Touring model! I ended up getting one with the Bose/Moonroof (which also adds the Power Liftgate) for ony $29,206 ($37,385 sticker).

The dealer that had the GT without the Bose audio called me a month later and offered it to me for $25k! I told him I'd already bought one with the Bose/Moonroof. Just out of curiuosity, I checked their site about a month after he called and it was gone from their inventory. I emailed the sales manager congratulating him for finally getting rid of it. He wrote back saying that he had to sell it into a rental fleet because no retail customer would buy it.

The standard audio setup in my 8-year old 2006 Mazda3 sounds better than the base setup in the CX-9. But I wonder if the size of the vehicle (and the interior) has a negative impact on acoustics?

Back