2012 Mazdaspeed 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:
2007 Black MS6GT
I have heard from an Inventory Manager who has tested the Mazda AWD for the 2006 system, that a Mazdaspeed 6 is going to be released in 2012, available last quarter 2011. A 2.5 4cyl disi turbo with manual is going to be released, along with a GT version which is using the 3.7 platform from the new Mazda 6 mated with twin turbos and mazda magnesium paddle shifters, aiming at 340 hp and offering 27 mpg competing directly with the audi s4. He said that mazda is also reworking the AWD system to allow for manual choice settings (snow, normal, sport) offering more power to the back wheels like constant %50. He said that the upcoming RX model will share the rear suspension with it, also like the RX8 LSD went into the 06/07 MS6. Since it will be made in Japan it will be the smaller and lighter version than the current model mazda6. I couldnt do anything but agree with everything he said because it all sounded so amazing. It makes sense also since Mazda has completely outperformed the competiton with their Mazdaspeed brand. He said he had been a snow and Canada course tester for the Mazda AWD system, as well as he owns a mazdaspeed 3 and a spec miata. Way smarter than any other dude at the dealership. I was there for an hour and a half waiting switching to pirelli pzeros for the weather and he was very interested in how young i was driving the MS6 and i think he wanted to test my knowledge. If its true its about damn time. Wouldnt want the 2010 Mazdaspeed3 showing us up with its fancy hood scoop. Can anyone also respond if they have heard this too?

OMFG im saving now , i have a first gen MS6 and i will have the second one also lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW bro i would not use the Pzeros they wear fast and just not the best

Alright keeping my car till that car comes out, then buying one of those.If I don't change my mind in the next 4 years.

and for the record there has been no such release of info from mazda about a twin turbo v-6.(drunk)

The 2.5 DISI is believable, but IMO the twin-turbo V6 idea would be cost-prohibitive. Offering both would also be a very expensive route to go....developing turbocharged versions of 2 engines for the same car? I have my doubts.

Either way, they better cough up a better the rear-diff mounting design if they plan to push that much power or they'll have shiny new Mazdaspeed 6's dragging differentials down the road behind them.

That all made me smile. :) It sounds awesome, and I hope it does happen like that! Not that I'm doubting you or your source Shredder, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much... although now that I've heard it, it's going to be hard not to look forward to a car like that!

Who knows, maybe they're testing different engine possibilities to use for the final product. A TT V6 with that kind of fuel economy would be pretty nice. Settings for the AWD and regular power to the rear wheels might be the best part of all that! ...no, wait, I lied, the best would be if they actually used the smaller version of the 6 and actually imported it here in a Speed version.

Thanks Super Shredder!

OMFG im saving now , i have a first gen MS6 and i will have the second one also lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW bro i would not use the Pzeros they wear fast and just not the best

i got the more expensive AA tread version, if you look on tirerack, its listed as a brand new product, they are performing outstanding, i live in the mountains and its Black Ice and mild snow every night now, along with the new clutch and flywheel and tires, AND the stock BPV is being very friendly to the cold air, i feel like im already driving the 2012! haha.

Mazda currently has no double clutch system, and i think the new mazdaspeed6 is the prime candidate to test it on. Im sure that the 2.5disi will be priced at 26k and the twin turbo GT will be priced more in the 33k mark to match both subaru and mitsubishi in their wrx/sti and ralliart/evo scheme. althought not a rally car, a new suspension and differentials may just be the perfect mixture to take over.

as long as they have a different body style that the fug ugly 2009, i will be in. hey, let's see if they will do a group buy!!

Again, to be clear. Mazda has made no formal or informal announcements in regards to a twin turbo mazda 6. Here or in japan.

The new 6 is huge in comparison to the last version. My car is in the shop and I was fortunate enough to get a new 6 as a loaner. I am not terribly fond of the interior or exterior styling I feel it is almost a slight regression from the MS6. However the extra room is awesome! :) The trunk is gigantic! The one i have is a 4 banger which feels somewhat adequate to the car. The car feels very large to drive. I dunno if a speed version would have that go kart feel that my MS6 has. It would take a bit to make the bigger car handle. I remember my Impala SS back in 1996. I eventually got it to handle :)

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I dunno if a speed version would have that go kart feel that my MS6 has.

WHAAAAA???????

I need to know what your suspension set up is, cause my MS6 is more like a F-350 in comparison to my MSP, or AE86, which are very "kart-like."

I was just thinking today that even my MS3 is truck-like in comparison to my old MSP!

R

I am just running a stock setup. Believe me it doesnt feel like a truck. If any of my trucks ever handled like this car I would have kept em! :)

For a daily driver, I am very pleased with the stock setup.

I am just running a stock setup. Believe me it doesnt feel like a truck. If any of my trucks ever handled like this car I would have kept em! :)

For a daily driver, I am very pleased with the stock setup.

My extended wheelbase 2500 series chevy work van can almost keep up with the Speed6 through the twisties!

Where do you live? Cause that's probably the reasoning right there. If you lived in the mountains or foothills you'd be singing a different tune. The Speed6 is horrible in tight twisties. Well, horrible compared to a MSP, or AE.

Last edited:
I guess there's a sucker born every minute...

And I'll say, the MS6 has a big arse compared to my old Protege. Not saying it handles bad, but you can definitely tell a difference and feel the extra weight added to the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back