2012 Mazda5

Hello everyone. This is my first post to the forums. I accually just picked up my very first brand new car and it was the 2012 mazda5 sport. I have always wanted a 5 but cash was never right to get one. I love the car. My 5 is black on black with the auto/sport trans option. I have owned hondas all my life and need something with a warrenty. So we went to cory fairbanks here in longwood florida saw one that i liked and pulled the trigger. The only gripe i had about the deal was that they wanted me to pay 2k for the "appearence" package which was a super thin "hand painted" pin stripe, nitro filled tires and floor mats. I was about to haggle that 2k away. And the 7 hours i spent at the dealership was just to long but it was all worth it.

Now my opinion so far is that i love the car so far. It is getting great millage and the car is very peppy. The wife and kids love the comfort of the seats and the storage under the middle row is great.

One thing I really wished they offered is some kind of dvd/tv sysem for the back passengers. I do understand that mazda is working on some new entertainment systems.

I know some people have been talking about the body fins,waves,or what ever you call them. You reall dont notice them at all.

So one i drive it a littel more i will be poting more findings.

Glad to be here.

Hello everyone. This is my first post to the forums. I accually just picked up my very first brand new car and it was the 2012 mazda5 sport. I have always wanted a 5 but cash was never right to get one. I love the car. My 5 is black on black with the auto/sport trans option. I have owned hondas all my life and need something with a warrenty. So we went to cory fairbanks here in longwood florida saw one that i liked and pulled the trigger. The only gripe i had about the deal was that they wanted me to pay 2k for the "appearence" package which was a super thin "hand painted" pin stripe, nitro filled tires and floor mats. I was about to haggle that 2k away. And the 7 hours i spent at the dealership was just to long but it was all worth it.

Now my opinion so far is that i love the car so far. It is getting great millage and the car is very peppy. The wife and kids love the comfort of the seats and the storage under the middle row is great.

One thing I really wished they offered is some kind of dvd/tv sysem for the back passengers. I do understand that mazda is working on some new entertainment systems.

I know some people have been talking about the body fins,waves,or what ever you call them. You reall dont notice them at all.

So one i drive it a littel more i will be poting more findings.

Glad to be here.

7 Hours at the dealership. OH MY. I think I would have blown a gasket if I had to spend anywhere near that amount of time at a dealership. I got quotes through email and then used those numbers and Truecar.com to give me an idea of what a good deal was. I went to the dealership in December and was out the door in less than an hour with an acceptable deal.

Enjoy your 5!

Yeah, took me maybe 30 minutes to get the deal done and out the door then went back with the loan paperwork the next week and did that in 15 minutes maybe. No car is worth that much of my time.

BTW my M5 came with Bridgestone all season rubbers.

Correction .... they are the Toyos that people complain about! The dealer wasn't referring to the M5.

It snowed here over the weekend (couple inches) and I had a chance to drive the 5 around with the new Toyos. I didn't have any major issues but did notice some tire spin when starting from stop, as others have reported.

We had 5 passengers (4 adults + 1.5yr old) in the 5 and everyone was comfortable including the 3rd row passenger. All in all, we're extremely happy with its practicality and comfort.

Last edited:
Back