2012 Mazda 5 Bluetooth mixes up my itouch and iphone

stwmass

:
mazda 5
Hey All,

Just purchased my first Mazda, and am really glad to be driving it. Having a few electronic problems though - first (I'll post elsewhere) is that I cant get the 12 volt plugs to work with either of my usb adaptors (works in other cars). But more importantly, I paired up two devices with the stock bluetooth radio, an iphone4 and itouch 4g, and bluetooth is confusing them. For example, I usually stream from iphone 4 then I go offhook and give the command to bluetooth "setup - select phone" I'm given my 2 choices (iphone and itouch). I choose itouch, it plays everything's fine. When I try to switch back to iphone, it *says* it has iphone connected, but it continues to stream from itouch.

I've tried repairing, renaming, you name it. Its always the itouch that wins out. Bluetooth *says* there are still 2 devices, but choosing either one gets me itouch. Only solution is to turn off bluetooth in itouch, (still doesnt work after that), then turn of bluetooth and turn it back on with iphone, and then it works fine. So, basically, I cant swithc between the two devices unless I want to go through this crazy disable / re-enable.

Anyone seen anything like this yet??

Thanks for your help,

Back