2012 Car Stereo Thread

:
2014 Mazda 5 Sport 6MT
I haven't gotten my 2012 5 yet but I managed to do some research on stereo upgrades.

So far there are no install kits available yet - but Metra has one in the pipeline. No ETA as to when its coming yet.

All international models have a navigation option but Mazda decided North America didn't need one. However, there is good news as the international models just use Pioneer AVIC systems as a "factory" upgrade.

The available options are
  • AVIC F30BT (UK) / Z130BT (US equivalent)
  • AVIC F930BT (UK) / X930BT (US equivalent)
  • AVIC F310BT (UK) / U310BT (US equivalent)

The nice thing about Mazda offering a factory navigation option is there are factory wiring parts.

The following is a list of part numbers Mazda has listed for the UK and DE models (didn't check any other countries.

• A-pillar trim grommet (required for nav) (DE) - GJ6A-68-155A
  • A-pillar trim clip (required for nav) - GJ6A-68-162
  • 2-DIN audio panel (install kit) - C513-55-230C
  • AUX adapter harness (for the internal AUX-jack connection) - C830-V6-549
  • Fixation bracket - CW01-V6-025A
  • Audio adapter harness with steering wheel controls - 4100-78-101E
  • iPod adapter harness - C832-V6-549A

So theoretically if you wanted to upgrade to a "factory" navigation system, those are all the parts you would need. However, you will need to order them from a European Mazda dealership, or find a friend that can order them for you.

All the parts come to about 197.76 Euros which translates to about $300 USD, and you will still need the Pioneer AVIC of your choice and matching US antenna adapter.

I will probably do this in a couple months after I get the car and already have a coworker in Germany that could source the parts :D.

Nice post!

I have one more question does the kit you spell out include the bezel for the center console?

Last edited:
I am very interested for factory navigation. When you do it, I want to see it, and do that as well. Thanks! Any pictures of how this factory nav looks?

Should look just like the Japan Premacy. Here you go.

Attachments

• Premacy-Nav.JPG
    Premacy-Nav.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 312
I am very interested for factory navigation. When you do it, I want to see it, and do that as well. Thanks! Any pictures of how this factory nav looks?

Sorry guys, ended up getting a pretty killer deal on a VW (c)Routan with nav and rear seat entertainment - couldn't get any GTs in the pacific northwest and we got tired of waiting :).

Good luck with paying 200-500 bucks every service interval (ca. 10000 miles). I hope you like your re-badged Dodge Caravan. I used to love VW until I bought my 2006 piece of crap Jetta that I eventually traded in for the 5. I really genuinely hope that you have better luck. But then again it is a Dodge Caravan so it will probably be better then my Jetta (all made in Pueblo, Mexico).

It's been great so far. Only reason we considered it was because it was a tarted up Town & Country. VW did some nice tweaks to it - improved interior materials (major upgrade over pre2011 Chrysler models but still holds up), better styling and a massive improvement to the suspension and steering feel. Drives very well and the new Chrysler Pentastar is a very smooth motor.

It comes with free service for the first 3-years, oil changes every 6000 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first. Ended up paying around $29,500 with 0% financing for 72 months on a car with nav, power sliding doors, dual rear LCDs and a ton more room.

Back