2011 cx-9 GT too good to be true?

golfer375

:
2011 CX-9 GT
Hi everyone,

First time poster. Thinking about pulling the trigger on 2011 GT with 36k miles. Non mazda dealership they have it for 25k. Is it too good to be true ? All the numbers I run show it should be around 28. what questions should I be asking? Thanks for your help!

Welcome, golfer375! I'm new around these parts myself.

The first thing you should do is go see it for yourself and take it for a long test drive (if you haven't already). Any concerns you have can be answered by your mechanic, which shouldn't be a problem getting the car long enough for a mechanic to evaluate. Of course, the standard stuff applies: car history report for accidents, but especially salvage/flood title considering Hurricane Sandy's impact on the NY area. Hope that helps a little.

@ 36k miles then I would say that it's a rental car. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it's worth looking into. I'm going to do a new post on our CX9 purchase, but it doesn't seem terrible price. Most dealerships go from a 20% margin. They could have had the car for sale for a long period of time and kept dropping the price. If that's the case then the margin for negotiation is going to be lower (what happened to us, but we did get a good deal). Go look and see what you see.

Back