200k?

5zoom

:
08 Mazda5
Has anyone hit the 200k mile mark yet? I'm wondering what I'm in for if I decide to take it there. I'm at 124k.

What you're in for is preventive maintenance.

I'd put a timing chain and guides on the menu, water pump, belts and main hoses, new coolant, all new filters (including fuel, even if it's just a sock in the tank), transmission flush (but if you haven't already it's too late now), shocks soon if not already, and have the AC vacuumed and recharged/reoiled for good measure.

Do it you must! The rest of us need a goal to shoot for! Dave

In 124k on my 08 the only parts I've replaced are thermostat, one set of pads on each axle, the warrantied power steering stuff, a few trans fluid drains, oil/air filters, tires, a transmission mount(under warranty), a battery, and some stabilizer bushings (under warranty). Everything else is original.

In 124k on my 08 the only parts I've replaced are thermostat, one set of pads on each axle, the warrantied power steering stuff, a few trans fluid drains, oil/air filters, tires, a transmission mount(under warranty), a battery, and some stabilizer bushings (under warranty). Everything else is original.

No rear shocks?!! Wow...amazing!

I may be closer than some, I am at 146K. This car will go 200K in my ownership, unless the transmission blows up (which I don't think it will) So far I have not investeted much beyond standard preventive maintenance. I wouldn't even consider replacing the timing chain unless there were some empirical reason to do so.

It's not the chain, it's the plastic guides and tensioner, but once you're in there... you might as well.

Nice to see some high mileage MZ5's. I just cracked the 157k mark on an '07 MZ5 and it's slowly getting things replaced as I have time.

Back