2008 AWD hitch info

Alfissimoint.

:
08' CX-9 AWD
I need a hitch. I want a factory hitch but seems as though it only came on the car as an option and not a purchase after the fact. Why won't a 2009 factory hitch fit or whats the deal with this BS? I cannot see the chassis being different between years that it would not fit, the only thing I see as the issue with all this is the cutout in the lower bumper. Don't care about wiring or anything like that as I will never tow anything but my mountain bikes or a carrier for stuff. Let me know? I have seen the curets and hidden hitch and they stick out too much for my taste still. I prefer the factory if I can get my hands on it and make it fit.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the hitch system is the same for every year of CX-9. I wouldn't bother going with the factory system though, as it's only Class II and over-priced. eTrailer.com has a listing of all the recievers that fit, and install videos for different years. Looks like you can pick one up for as little as $150.

Without wiring, you're looking at 6 bolts, good to go.

http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2008_Mazda_CX-9.htm

Bought a used OEM one for $78 bucks. Little rust but thats not a biggy, pretty stoked to get my bike holder on there and bikes.

Last edited:
Nice! Throw up a picture when you get her mounted up.

What bikes do you ride? I have an 08 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR that's keeps me in the mountains (at least if I'm not riding the motorcycle).
(drinks)

Yeah for sure.
I ride a 2013 Santa Cruz Carbon Tallboy. Yeah. I want to get on my bike right now but foot or more of snow coming so the skis are out. :)

Latest posts

Back