2004 cars

KYREDP5 said:
I have heard from some VERY relibale sources that the Miata is the next Mazdaspeed incarnation and will hit showroom floors in 2004.

KYREDP5: "Will the Miata be released with a Mazdaspeed version next year??"

**Shakes Magic 8-Ball**

Magic 8-Ball: "Sources point to YES"

KYREDP5:"SWEEET!!!!"

Jay Mazda/Mitsubishi

we had a mazda 6 class with our district manager last week in atlanta...that's everything he told us...so we'll see.

you sure there are only 2 yrs of em ?... cuz I could'a sworn I First started seeing the P5 around '00 ..... I truly honestly do, because I was a Big Scooby fan, and my buddy saw a P5 at a dealer in San Jose, CA and showed me ... and I was all...." Damn.... that's freakin NICE " ....and completely forgot about the scooby

it'd be pretty nice if the P5 DID first come out in '02 ... cuz then that would mean that I have a 1st ed. =)

Hmmm... I thought that 02 was the first year for the P5's but then again now that you say that im not quite sure but i'll be happy to check on that... thought it would be cool ur right cause u'd have the first ed and i'd have the last!

dag nabbit... gonna do some checking around... I sure hope I'm wrong .... anyone else know for sure when the P5 first came out ?

The P5 came out in 01 even though it was called a 02. It was for sale duting the same time as the MP3. The dealers were just getting the first shippment of P5s when I bought my car in June 2001.

I guess 2001 was the first release =\ ... which in general means they came out late 00' ... anyone have an '01 P5 ?

http://www.geocities.com/protegetech/protege_5.html

I think this is the first wagon I have seriously contemplated purchasing since the Volvo 850 turbo. More updates coming as information comes available. In addition be looking for a Test Drive courtesy of Eric from Big Billy Barrett Mazda in Dallas coming this Summer in 2001

- Webmaster

Fun on a Budget
2001 Mazda MP3 and Proteg 5

http://www.roadandtravel.com/roadtests/reviews/2001roadtests/rt_protegemp3.htm

The Protege5's came out in MAY '01:p as an '02 model, that's when I got mine.;)

Last edited:
oooh... 1st MP3 just gave me hope.... somewhat ... hmm.. guess it's still possible that I have a 1st ed. .... =p

I recall my mazda salesman saying " yeah, they didn't build too many of these for this year ( meaning my '02 ) because they didn't know how popular it would be " somewhere in his spiel that I mostly ignored.... gee... now I kind'a regret having done that ...

mooS mooS said:
you sure there are only 2 yrs of em ?... cuz I could'a sworn I First started seeing the P5 around '00 ..... I truly honestly do, because I was a Big Scooby fan, and my buddy saw a P5 at a dealer in San Jose, CA and showed me ... and I was all...." Damn.... that's freakin NICE " ....and completely forgot about the scooby

It came out in Canada sometime in 2001 as a 2002. Earliest mag review seems to be 4/2002, in Car and Driver 6/2002.

I figured two model years is a good thing for us who already own (or going to own ... 3 more days!!). Don't want too many on the road.

And from reviewing the boards, seems if you want a go fast P5 there are enough add ons, why dilute with a manufacturer' model? Here in Canada anyways, Mazda has no problems selling Proteges and P5's ... no rebates, no 0% financing.

Jay

hmmm... anyone got a " 1st Edition " badge floating around ?... Heh .... I freakin wish

Back