2003 Protege5 back from the brink: budget rebirth.

that is a good idea. until the lock actuators take crap and you have to take them out.

Lover the idea of covering up the keyholes, though I really wouldn't want to stick the plastic piece in there for fear of breaking it off. I would go this route but maybe use 3M tape to fix it to the keyhole. Either way, nice find.

I have already installed the map lights, awesome purchase. The OEM yellow bulbs barely lit up my shift knob. If I have the doors open with my LED's on at night, the light hits the road. It's incredible, unfortunately I don't have any cameras that can pick up it's true power!
Dome light should be in the mail any day now, hopefully today. Have you found a good replacement LED for the hatch light? I keep alot of stuff in my trunk and I think that would be the best place to have bright, white light.

211,000 miles on my car with all factory accuators still working. Plus these are plastic inserts so removing them is as easy as gripping with your fingernails.

There is no way these would ever break off inside. They are strong and flexible and short. Trust me guys these are a worry free addition.

i keep on forgetting to sub to this thread.
your car is soo unique and yet subtle.
no crazy body kits or anything excessive.
just a eye catching kind of color with tasteful accents
and the fact that it hasnt cost you an arm and a leg really catches my attention.
congrats!

211,000 miles on my car with all factory accuators still working.

Lucky duck, mine has ~130,000 and has both rear actuators out of commision. Since I don't regularly lock my car it doesn't bother me too bad.

1ea93613.jpg

de9dbe35.jpg

e68e7766.jpg

Something that is close to being finished. I love the color on your car man! Once again your whip is dope! I wanna do some graff work on the hood of my car...just need to find time and this wall is 10 minutes from my house and the owner gave us permission to paint anytime we want to, so i paint on it when i can.

Last edited:
I must be getting old. Every time I see graffiti I have no idea what it says/is. It is very cool and I love it but I hate the fact that I don't get it.

I'm in the same boat you are. Usually takes me at least 30min to make out some of the letters.

If you know of me, you know that I am usually crapping on people, but that is just who I am so when I say,

I Like It...

Take that as a big compliment

I would hate it for myself, but it is awesome and I can tell that there has been a shiload of effort into it.

Props..

6874049371_9ec302fed4_b.jpg

I can't get over that its a rattle can paint job... Don't feel a need to change a thing mang, its already a work of art.

If you know of me, you know that I am usually crapping on people, but that is just who I am so when I say,

I Like It...

Take that as a big compliment

I would hate it for myself, but it is awesome and I can tell that there has been a shiload of effort into it.

Props..

6874049371_9ec302fed4_b.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. I know it's not for everyone, but it really fits my personality. Honestly I was expecting a bit of negativity on the car both online and when people saw it in person, but I have gotten nothing but positive feedback from so many people and it really makes me happy to be a proud owner of a P5. I plan of keeping the car for years to come and have a few more subtle plans in the works that I think will really finish it off.

Thanks for the kind words. I know it's not for everyone, but it really fits my personality. Honestly I was expecting a bit of negativity on the car both online and when people saw it in person, but I have gotten nothing but positive feedback from so many people and it really makes me happy to be a proud owner of a P5. I plan of keeping the car for years to come and have a few more subtle plans in the works that I think will really finish it off.

It's probably because it's not the same thing done that everyone does. Aftermarket is so limited for this car (compared to Civics, Miatas, etc) that it really takes someone's personal touch to make a P5 stand out.

Just a random night shot. Took this on top of a small mountain near my house the other night waiting to see if I could get a shot of the spaceX rocket launch that was scrapped before liftoff.It was pretty dark on the mountain, but I still like the pic.

413401_10150810827841230_704536229_9930382_1570295695_o.jpg

Back