2003 Mazda Protg ES 5sp, 37K, MSP/MP3 Suspension, RB Exhaust $8,800 o.b.o. (NYC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gar777

:
2003 Protege ES (sold in 2007)
2003 Mazda Protg ES 5sp, 37K, MSP/MP3 Suspension, RB Exhaust $8,800 o.b.o. (NYC)

2003 Mazda Protg ES
37,500 miles
VIN: JM1BJ225831154092

● Silver w/ black/charcoal cloth interior
● 2.0L DOHC 16-valve inline 4 cylinder engine
● 4 door sedan
● 5 speed manual transmission
● Dual front airbags
● 4-wheel disc brakes
● Air conditioning
● Power windows, locks & mirrors, cruise
● 6-speaker AM/FM/CD stereo
● Rear spoiler
● 16" alloy wheels
● Fog lights
● Remote keyless entry w/ perimeter security alarm

Upgrades:
● Mazdaspeed Protg/MP3 Sport Suspension (struts, sway bars, front strut tower brace), H&R Springs
● Racing Beat Stainless Steel cat-back exhaust
● B&M Short Shifter w/ Mazdaspeed Leather Shift Knob and Kartboy Shift bushings
● Protg5 Leather Steering Wheel
● Dave B Silver Gauge Rings
● Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 summer tires (rated #1 Max Performance Tire by Car& Driver) plus Pirelli Performance Winter tires on second set of Factory alloys
● K&N drop-in air filter

Excellent condition. Runs, looks and drives like new. Original owner, non-smoker, all maintenance records, clean Carfax.

Asking $8,800 or best reasonable offer

PM me if interested.

P.S. Sorry the attached pics were taken at night but I needed to do that to comply with the Forum rules. Some better daytime ones are at http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff54/gar777/Protege/

Attachments

• IMG_0243.JPG
    IMG_0243.JPG
    877 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    722.2 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    680.8 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    718.1 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Nice looking ES, I do miss mine sometimes. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the kinds words. I will definitely miss this car when she's gone. There aren't many cars that offer this much fun in a 4-door sedan.

Thanks for the support!

Two other upgrades I forgot to list are:

MSP front brakes (rotors, calipers, brackets and pads - approx. 1" larger diameter than OEM ES/P5 rotors)

Goodridge SS brake lines.

I got $8,500 which I think was fair. It roughly matches the Edmunds and KBB prices for this car in Excellent condition. I had probably $1500-2000 of mods which I didn't really get anything extra for but I enjoyed them while I drove it and I didn't want to remove them. I'd rather sell for a little too low and get it done quickly than to hold out for top dollar and have to keep showing it, answering calls, etc. Thanks for the all the kinds wishes.

You did really well... I'm trying to sell my MSP for only a few K more on LI and with less miles and have only had low offers for it...

I think I got lucky and hit it just right.

Good luck to anyone else selling their car. In case it's helpful, here are some tips which I read and followed:
(1) research your asking price using Edmunds, KBB and other cars for sale in your area
(2) put "or best offer" after your price so you don't turn anyone off--you can always decide whether to accept or reject a lower offer later (I always laugh when I see "FIRM" or "first $XXX takes it")
(3) get the car clean and keep it clean while showing it (I had mine detailed for $160 and it looked like new)
(4) include a detailed and accurate description of the car
(5) take lots of good pics and post them on the internet so buyers can easily see them, most buyers do their initial screening online and don't want to drive around just to weed their list down. Who wants to look at a grainy camera phone pic?
(6) list the car in as many places as you can simultaneously, including a link to the photos. I listed mine here, Cars.com and Craigslist. By far, cars.com got the most responses and lots of page views. You want to get as many people interested as quickly as possible--and at the same time--and then choose the best offer. Your chances of selling don't get better with time and you can get a better price if multiple people are interested at the same time.
(7) Include good contact info and respond promptly to all inquiries. Nothing turns buyers off more than sellers who aren't available to respond to questions and show the car.

I hope this helps. There are lots of other tips for selling your car on cars.com, Edmunds and other sites. Good luck

good advice

the OBO thing is big too - even letting the buyer negotiate a few hundred bucks makes them feel like they're getting the best deal they can get (assuming the asking price is in line with KBB)

I think I got lucky and hit it just right.

Good luck to anyone else selling their car. In case it's helpful, here are some tips which I read and followed:
(1) research your asking price using Edmunds, KBB and other cars for sale in your area
(2) put "or best offer" after your price so you don't turn anyone off--you can always decide whether to accept or reject a lower offer later (I always laugh when I see "FIRM" or "first $XXX takes it")
(3) get the car clean and keep it clean while showing it (I had mine detailed for $160 and it looked like new)
(4) include a detailed and accurate description of the car
(5) take lots of good pics and post them on the internet so buyers can easily see them, most buyers do their initial screening online and don't want to drive around just to weed their list down. Who wants to look at a grainy camera phone pic?
(6) list the car in as many places as you can simultaneously, including a link to the photos. I listed mine here, Cars.com and Craigslist. By far, cars.com got the most responses and lots of page views. You want to get as many people interested as quickly as possible--and at the same time--and then choose the best offer. Your chances of selling don't get better with time and you can get a better price if multiple people are interested at the same time.
(7) Include good contact info and respond promptly to all inquiries. Nothing turns buyers off more than sellers who aren't available to respond to questions and show the car.

I hope this helps. There are lots of other tips for selling your car on cars.com, Edmunds and other sites. Good luck

Agreed. Greg was a great seller (I was one of the interested parties), and he answered all of my questions very thoroughly. I was just too late, and wanted to respect those "in line".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back