2003 Mazda Protege ES Auto -- Solid Runner - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

16vPete

Throttle-Lift-Oversteer
:
2014 Mazda2 Sport
2003 Mazda Protege ES Auto -- Solid Runner

Up for sale is my silver 2003 Mazda Protege ES with 122,xxx miles. Its a 4-door with a sport-shift auto trans and is in good condition for its age. It is completely stock with no modifications.

It's a solid runner that was good fun and quite reliable, however I recently picked up a different car with a little better fuel economy and mileage so this needs to go.

Positives:

- NEW alternator, battery and belts!!!
- Many airbags
- Super reliable
- Does not burn oil, only has a very tiny leak from the valve cover gasket
- Recent maintenance (oil change 2,000 miles ago, timing belt+water pump and full brake job done in the past 10,000 miles, rear shocks were done 20,000 miles ago)
- Handles well - Mazda does a good job at maneuverability and handling
- The sport-shift auto is pretty cool, did not use very often however due to weird auto trans gear ratios
- Good tires - the fronts are 1.5 years old, the rears probably have 40% tread left

Negatives:

- Rust here and there on quarter panels and fenders - common for Mazdas of this age
- Some scratches and dings, though I was able to buff out a few of the scratches
- Got backed into and some of the front bumper clips broke
- Suspension noise occurs when steering wheel is at full lock, most likely a sway bar bushing
- Some scratches in interior, a rip in the backseat upholstery

The car is currently sitting so mileage will not go up.

A note about the rust: I did a little minor bodywork by sanding down (and removing some of) the rust and painting it with POR15 to slow it down and put some touch-up paint over it. It looks ok, was definitely not meant to be permanent. It could definitely look a lot better with a little more time and some bondo, or just have it as is. Replacement painted fenders and bumpers are cheap for this car too. Some of the rust has been sprayed to improve the general appearance.

Price is OBO!

Will entertain reasonable offers. No low balls.

List Date: 7/29/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2003 Mazda Protege ES Auto -- Solid Runner
--------------------------------------
SOLD

--------------------------------------
mazdas247

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back