(2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege 2.0l Turbo

yes I understand that it is more than a F blcok with a turbo kit. I know the LSD and clutch and all the other goodies but what I am looking at is all the guys who are going to buy this car and think oh its a factory turbo it can handle more boost turn it up and then BOOM its gone because it is the same 2.0L F block that is in all proteges now. I was just simply stating that I am dissapointed as I was hoping for some beefier internals or lowered compression or something. The F block is only reliable up to about 8-10 psi on stock internals and I'm sure the MS is probably set at 5-6 so i'm sure people are going to try to up the boost and we are going to see a few blown MS Protege's

I understand that. But if you're gonna want just power and not Mazda protege then go to a junkyard and get the old Eclipse turbo motor or something or Hyundai Turbo motor and slap in on your protege's and don't have to worry about spending $22K, if our protege's are just the same with the Mazdaspeed protege with a slap on turbo lsd and a new clutch. then i guess there's no use of getting the Mazdaspeed protege then Huh!!!! i know i didn't include the 7-speaker kenwood system and new racing hart's on bridgestone potenza's, and Sparco interior. But i'm sure it would be less than that huh.lol

Don't know about you but when I buy a certain brand I want it powered by the same brand...not a frankestein mickey mouse disaster.

Mazda would not send out 2000 mazdaspeed's by just "slapping" on the turbo, lsd, new clutch, new driveshaft, revised suspension, etc...this car is moded by a major manufacturer and established tuners (Racing Beat and Callaway). Oh and its all under warranty :D

Everyone has a right to there own opinion...I realize that this "new MP3" may not be exactly what everyone wanted and my be too expensive for some, but I believe it will be a great car like the OG MP3...I look forward to seeing it on the streets and posting with its owners on this site. :cool:

My opinion, the new mazdaspeed is tight........I think I want to sale my mp3 and buy the new one.........I agree the turbo may be a little weak, but going to upgrade it wont hurt the car like if we were to put a turbo in the mp3.........That engine is designed to handle a turbo where the mp3 engine isn't........eventhough they are the same displacement and litter size........The quality of the engine is a lot stronger.........My good friend tells me to keep my mp3 and add a turbo..........The thing is I dont want to mess with the car.

Sorry meant to have as thread not post

This car is going to be sick.......all the goodies on the inside and out.......When has honda, acura, subaru, toyota and other companies partner up with aftermarket companies......Mazda is smart and may take over this import game........They have nardi torino, sparco, kenwood, racinghart, tokico, garret and racingbeat all put their two cents in......All of these companies in their own right are fabulous companies........This is freaking a great idea........Putting in sparco seats that all of us want to buy after we purchase our cars.....Tight ass steering wheel, one of the best rim companies out their, turbo charged, kenwood system........By far this car blows away any type R, WRX, Si all they have is the engine we got the whole package.........

Not to lessen the greatness of Mazda's new offering b/c it is going to be the best bang for buck offernig when its released...BUT have you sat in an Si?

It has seats that some cars twice its price will never have. The new Si's seats are extremely high quality. Though not for wide overweight people who wouldn't fit between the massive side bolsters.

I was very unimpressed by its performance as was Grassroots in their recent review of that segment, but build quality in the interior was great with lots of storage pockets and such. I have to say it may look funny, but I have never picked up a car's shift mechanism as quickly as I did in the new Si. It is a very natural place to have it coming out of the dash like that.

Performancewise though this is car is by far worst in segment now. It is heavy, slowest in class, and funny looking. I guess Honda did that b/c they know it is only going to be modified anyway.

i sat in the SI at the past car show here. the inside was great i loved it, after seeing it the shifter really isnt that bad. but i cant get over the front end i dont like the outside of it.

wow...this thread is super cool...do y'all remember the possibilities that everyone thought there was ?

chipping the MSP...
strong internals...
good fuel management...

eh ?

Back