2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Sold! Mods Delete

SOLD!

For sale: 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege. Looking for $4,000. It will sit in the garage until it sells. I may new a new motor in it but if I do the price will go up. It has 94,500ish miles and a long list of aftermarket parts. Brand new turbo with less than 1,000 miles. Serious inquiries only please....no dealers or solicitors...

Engine;
FSDET 2.0 (stock internals)
Custom IC hard pipes with greddy bov (I think its a knock off)
Aftermarket SMIC
Custom 3" J-Pipe back exhaust with a tucked borla muffler
GT28rs (disco potatoe)

Transmission;
Stock with Exedy Stage 1 Clutch (approx. 20,000 miles)

Electronics;
Prosport electronic boost guage
Prosport electronic wideband
Greddy Emanage Blue w/ Profec e01 boost controler

Sound;
Kenwood Head Unit w/ cd and aux input
12" JL Audio
Momo Edition 500W Polk amp

Jacksonville-20120714-00302.jpgJacksonville-20120714-00305.jpgJacksonville-20120714-00306.jpgJacksonville-20120714-00308.jpgJacksonville-20120714-00309.jpg
I'm sure I'm forget stuff. The car has a lot if new or newer parts.

Now for the bad:
The car ran awesome until my turbo blew. I put a brand new GT28rs in and it blew within two weeks. I sent it back and it was warrantied, still have the box it came in. This new turbo is perfect. I installed a EMB w/ e01 boost controler and was in the process of tuning it and got fed up with it. It has a 03 es ecu and is tuning perfectly,but Im no professional tuner. It needs a professional dyno tune to be perfect. It does run and boost fine but needs bottom end rebuilt. It has 180+ compression on all four cylinders so top end is fine. I am not going to give the car away or part out so please DON'T ASK. If you have a good spare motor or can get one easily then this would be a good purchase. If you want to build a forge motor this car would be a beast with everything that is on it now.

Last edited:
Yeah, the front and pass side mounts are medevil and the drivers side and rear are stock. I have all medevil except back but the driver side went bad.

Car has been sitting for a few months. i had to move it out of the garage to do an oil change on my other car. The mighty MSP fired right up.

If I wasn't in school still I would get it for my wife. Bump.

lol, She loved mine, but now mine is a little too much for her in the suspension area. I'll see what she thinks tonight, but I'm guessing it will probably be a no go.

Final price change unless I put a new motor in. First $4,000.00 takes it. I have had numerous offers but no one with cash.

Back