2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Status
Not open for further replies.

2-8-1

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege, Titanium
2.0L DOHC Turbo, 5spd.
Power everything except seats, have both keys and keyless entry remotes.
Injen CAI
New Engine Mounts with Corksport Poly Engine Mount Inserts, mild vibration, not like full poly mounts.
EBC Dimpled and Slotted Rotors, New OReilly Pads in front, EBC Redstuff in back
All stereo is stock, except for head unit, and not blown or abused, all Kenwood.
Have bushings to fix the "clunk" in the rear sway bay (common issue, just noise) need to have a broken stud removed and bushings installed.
All racing hart wheels, in great condition, one has minor curb rash
stock racing beat suspension and exhaust
New Tires (less than 4000 miles)
All stock turbo system
Aftermarket Cruise Control
Stock Short Throw Shifter
Still have the owners manual and paperwork, minus window sticker. May have it somewhere.
Add $200.00 FMIC for best results, still rocking the stock side mount intercooler.

Externally the car is an 8-8.5 /10, interior is a 9/10. It's daily driven, but it's not beat up or abused. It's been babied it's entire life. I bought it with 69K on it, and it still had the stock Potenza RE040 tires and stock Spark Plugs in it. I purchased this car from it's second owner, a Gentleman in his 50's who bought it for the "cool" factor and to have a hobby with his son. All mods were performed by him, excecpt the Engine Mount Inserts, I installed those.

92,000 and rising, I daily drive this car, which I might add, this car drove through snow last winter that Subaru's were stuck in, it is the single best winter car I have ever owned.

Looking to get $5800.00 firm.

I don't need to sell it, but I'm tired of it. I feel it's time to move on, possibly for a more responsible car. For now, however, this is my daily driver, and the mileage will increase. I will entertain reasonable trade offers also. Wouldn't mind an MP5, Civic, etc. Hell, I'd take a clean Ford Taurus if the deal was right! Especially interested in 1992-2000 Honda Civic Coupes, especiialy 1999/2000 Si.

Email: clinton.a.jones AT gmail.com, please contact me with any questions you may have, I'll respond as soon as possible.

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Last edited:
I tried to get the "trouble" areas as best as possible on the car. Basically, the body is excellent, but there is a small spot of rust starting to show over the passenger side, rear fender/wheel well, and there is a scratch that runs almost the length of the drivers side-side skirt. It has random, but tiny rock chips and clear coat abrasions (can be buffed/polished out) from being my daily driver, but other than what I listed, to my knowledge the paint is factory and in excellent condition. The driver's side A-pillar trim is damaged from where the gauge pillar was installed.

There is curb rash pictured on the passenger side front wheel, and there is a small tear pictured in the drivers side front seat. To my knowledge that is all of the damage on the car.

Last edited:
Any objection to having this moved to the Vehicles for Sale section?

Thanks! Have any input on price? Too high? About right? I'm not trying to make money off this thing, just want it gone so I can start looking into my next purchase!

Thanks! Have any input on price? Too high? About right? I'm not trying to make money off this thing, just want it gone so I can start looking into my next purchase!
Will send you a PM

I noticed that u said u are tired of the hesitation. Have you relocated the maf sensor to the cold pipe? I did and it took most of the hesitation away and my car responds,idles and just feels a heck of alot better now.

I noticed that u said u are tired of the hesitation. Have you relocated the maf sensor to the cold pipe? I did and it took most of the hesitation away and my car responds,idles and just feels a heck of alot better now.

No, it still has stock pipes. I just want to get rid of the car. Tired of it, nothing really wrong with it, other than the broken stud for the rear sway bar, just want something different. I would fix the broken stud, but I don't have the time, nor do I have the facilities.

Last edited:
It's all the money I have for a car and I might as well try and ride on the slimmest chance that someone might say yes because the 03.5 MSP is at the top of my list right now.

quick pic of engine bay?

I'll have you one ASAP, currently at work.

It's all the money I have for a car and I might as well try and ride on the slimmest chance that someone might say yes because the 03.5 MSP is at the top of my list right now.

LOL! Yeah, I don't blame you. Kinda running that way on a Mustang right now. I know what I want (have) to pay, but finding one is another story!

Most interested in trading to something, +cash.

Last edited:
I will have pics of the engine bay tomorrow, been out of the office a while. $6000.00 firm. $500.00 isn't that hard to come up with, sell a kidney!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back