2.0t03speed's 08.5 CWP MS3

first post updated with some pretty big changes. i'll have some parts going on as well as new wheels getting fitted. i'll leave the wheels as a surprise. i've been tuning on a 2.5gal e-85 mix the past week and was making good power then i blew out a injector seal haha. Have a new set on the way then i can resume tuning. tq is a little low but thats because i'm running 0* timing @3k and 2* timing at 3.5k after i get the new seals in i'll bump that up a little bit.

i wish it was this easy to make power on my old msp.
9511718370_d171131c2c_z.jpg

nice. my friend is running meth/water 30/70 mix in his MS3. had a custome map made. i forget what turbo hes running but its not the stock k04. hes making about 380ish whp depending on the weather he'll hit 21-22.5psi of boost.

nice. my friend is running meth/water 30/70 mix in his MS3. had a custome map made. i forget what turbo hes running but its not the stock k04. hes making about 380ish whp depending on the weather he'll hit 21-22.5psi of boost.

sounds like he's running a 28 framed turbo. Because at those boost levels a 30series would be at or over 400whp.

could be. im not sure. the shop that did the work and tuning (Akuma Motorsports) said it was very conservatively tuned to be a fun and easy D.D. which is what he wanted. they said the turbo is capable of producing over 450WHP with some more aggresive timing and a 50/50 to 70/30 mix of meth upping the boost to 30psi. theyre pretty reputable shop, so i dont doubt them since all they do is working on ms3s, stis, and gt-rs lol

but at that point they said chances are hed need a built block for safe measure lol

could be. im not sure. the shop that did the work and tuning (Akuma Motorsports) said it was very conservatively tuned to be a fun and easy D.D. which is what he wanted. they said the turbo is capable of producing over 450WHP with some more aggresive timing and a 50/50 to 70/30 mix of meth upping the boost to 30psi. theyre pretty reputable shop, so i dont doubt them since all they do is working on ms3s, stis, and gt-rs lol

but at that point they said chances are hed need a built block for safe measure lol

lol @ akuma they came out with there own turbo that one of the msf guys was running then it failed like all k04's with upgraded wheels do and they refused to warranty it. Guy swapped to a bnr s3 and made more power

lol @ akuma they came out with there own turbo that one of the msf guys was running then it failed like all k04's with upgraded wheels do and they refused to warranty it. Guy swapped to a bnr s3 and made more power

hmmm uh oh time to recheck everything now lol. but def doesnt look like stock k04. and can a k04 with upgraded wheel reach 30psi even??

come back to the 14whp club!

lol no now that i'm actually making power i don't want to go back. last night i went to go get some e-85 to fill up and they were out. so i had to flash back to my 93 map that is just a detuned map of my e-85 one. the power difference was crazy my e-85 map is so much faster.

oh the benefits of being able to flash and tune your ride on the go.

well i can't really tune on the go unless i have my laptop and even then i cant make real time changes. i have to load the map into atr on my laptop then make the changes i want and then turn the car off and flash the ecu. But you can store multiple map's on the ap so i have a few different tunes on there. It miles better then anything ever made for the protege.

just fitted some new wheels and tires this weekend =D.
Ray's Engineering Gramlights 57f 18x8.5 +40 in front and +45 in the rear
Wrapped in some 245/40 Dunlop Zii's

Last edited:
looks alright i guess..:) (I still miss the protege)

you're allowed to miss it lol These ray's are pretty light the tires are what add's most of the weight. i wan't to say this wheel/tire setup is lighter then the work/hankook setup that i had on the msp

you're allowed to miss it lol These ray's are pretty light the tires are what add's most of the weight. i wan't to say this wheel/tire setup is lighter then the work/hankook setup that i had on the msp

well they fit the car nicely, least they are not black or white.

decided to break out the camera on a quick trip to the store this evening. the car is filthy but still manages to look good

9567533498_cf78b0bee6_b.jpg

Back