2.0 Petrol or 2.2 Diesel?

Ha, Ha...!!! :) Wittily!

Bacon doesnt cost 38.000 euros !!!

You can throw the bacon in the trash, but Mazda(38.000euros)???
You are free to buy a Mazda, I will certainly not!
I will buy bacon and eat it in BMW !!! :)

Enjoy the bacon! Don't drop any crumbs!

DO NOT buy a BMW! Someone will gain access via the diagnostics port and steal it!!!!
Imagine your dismay when you finish your bacon butty in the morning to find no car on the drive!

:)

Best solution is to eat bacon at dealer service, while changing engine oil on your brand new Mazda, after only 1500km...

Best solution is to eat bacon at dealer service, while changing engine oil on your brand new Mazda, after only 1500km...

You seem to be a little bitter... the X3 has its problems as well you know... (shady)

I prefer the fresh fruit and Starbucks coffee at my Lexus dealership.

1300 miles on my diesel cx-5. Oil level right where it was on the day I bought it. I too was concerned prior to purchase but my driving style/profile does not result this far in any rising oil levels. Really enjoying the car.

I don't eat bacon, if I can help it and won't get the 2.2D until I know Mazda has addressed the rising oil issue.
As long as Mazda does not address it and as much as I appreciate this engine, I would stay away from it like it was the plague.
Of course, you can do what ever you want.

The 175hp diesel is around $5300USD more then petrol 160hp (in sweden). I did go for diesel anyway.
Better milage, smoother drive, more power, lower revs.

I have tested both out and this kind of car is best suited with diesel. No doubt.

I don't eat bacon, if I can help it and won't get the 2.2D until I know Mazda has addressed the rising oil issue.
As long as Mazda does not address it and as much as I appreciate this engine, I would stay away from it like it was the plague.
Of course, you can do what ever you want.

Best answer, IMO...

The 175hp diesel is around $5300USD more then petrol 160hp (in sweden). I did go for diesel anyway.
Better milage, smoother drive, more power, lower revs.

I have tested both out and this kind of car is best suited with diesel. No doubt.
+1
Well said mate.

You wont be disappointed. 150 or 175BHP?

Forget the horsepower, it means nothing in a large SUV type vehicle, torque is what matters, 310 lb ft vs 155 lb ft. The torque is what you feel because its the actual twisting force at the crankshaft. Even better diesels make most of that twist from idle to 3000 RPM where your engine will spend the majority of the time. Bottom line is even if the diesel had the same 150 hp it will feel much more powerful than the petrol engine because petrol engines just can't match a diesels torque down low.

Horsepower is just a # derived from Torque or torque * RPM / 5252 = HP. The higher an engine revs or the more torque it makes at a higher RPM the more HP. You cannot feel HP but you can feel torque.

Forget the horsepower, it means nothing in a large SUV type vehicle, torque is what matters, 310 lb ft vs 155 lb ft. The torque is what you feel because its the actual twisting force at the crankshaft. Even better diesels make most of that twist from idle to 3000 RPM where your engine will spend the majority of the time. Bottom line is even if the diesel had the same 150 hp it will feel much more powerful than the petrol engine because petrol engines just can't match a diesels torque down low.

Horsepower is just a # derived from Torque or torque * RPM / 5252 = HP. The higher an engine revs or the more torque it makes at a higher RPM the more HP. You cannot feel HP but you can feel torque.

Spot on reply... Thank-you.

The good news is, I contacted the dealer and now have swapped to the Diesel Version.

Just in time by the looks of it, because about 30 mins after switching the engine the order became "locked for production" by Mazda in Japan.

I was worried about the rising oil level, but am aware that diesels with dpf filters are unsuitable for repeated short journeys. I have a 2007 Kia Carens 2.0 with DPF at 47,000 miles on the clock. The DPF warning light a.k.a 'blast it on the motorway' hasn't lit once. It may have done the odd regen in 5 years. for Shortest journeys of all I walk, for short journeys I cycle, any trip of a mile or two I borrow the wifes PETROL Daihatsu, and anything more than a few miles the Kia. The engine has always warmed up to normal by the end of the journey. I'm a diesel convert, the torque is great as long as you dont do lots of short journeys you should be ok. Living in a wales with lots of hills helps as you need a bit of welly to get up them, especially mount pleasant hill in Swansea. (wrc)

Sorry but power does matter, the 310 version is only available with the 175hp version, this version produces substantially more torque than the 150hp diesel, which only gives 280 torque.

The 175hp version gives 280 pound feet over a much wider band that the 150hp version, 1700rpm to 3100rpm approx.

While the 150hp gives that over 1800 to 2600rpm.

By the way my DPF 2009 xtrail diesel has done only 26K miles in nearly 4 years, yet i have never had a DPF light on, ever, that's short journeys mainly.
Only early DPF cars suffered from DPF lights forcing regeneration by driving over 2000 rpm to carry out a regen, the game has moved on.

Last edited:
Back