18" on a MSP??

pic request

Sure thing man here ya go (thumb)

2em3434.jpg

6pqjbr.jpg

ff72w7.jpg

I'm on 18s with 48+ offset and 7.5 wheel. No rub issues. Full passenger load on a hard turn, it will, but I don't usually have passengers. Ride is fine, nothing too bad, but gonna go 17 next for a wider tire

Sooo... On stock height, an 18x7.5 rim with a 225/40 series tires should be good? Although I'm not sure if I want to go up from a 17" wheel to an 18" wheel. I really don't want to loose any ride comfort as Chuyler1 mentioned above. I would think that 18's would be better for the car performance-wise but that could just be me talking myself into getting 18s for the looks.

RX-8 wheels will rub unless you roll the fenders...so stick with something in the +42 7" range (rx-8 wheels are +50 8") BTW, 35 series tires are going to rock your world...and by rock I mean rip your tailbone to shreds. The best compromise between style and drivablility on the MSP/P5/Protege is definitely 17"s.

sorry man but I'll have to disagree with you, i have RX-8 Wheels, with TEIN Super-Street Coilover Suspension Dropped and using Nankang Ultra Sport NS-II 215-35-18 Tires and i don't have any issues, even putting 4 people in the back, about the ride comfort and driveability is just as good as the Stock rims and tires that came with the car.. by the way i didn't had to roll my fenders, I'm also using 3mm spacers in the rear wheels in order for my rims not to touch the TEIN's, i didn't had the problem before with the Stock Shocks. i also have enough space to use and I'm going to do it, to add a 10-12mm spacers to bring my wheels even with the cars wheel well.

its funny to hear no one has rubbing issues. I have a rub hole on the passenger side and I am still stock rim/tire size lol

its funny to hear no one has rubbing issues. I have a rub hole on the passenger side and I am still stock rim/tire size lol

Sounds like you need an allignment. A good machanic can camber them jsut right to never rub even when you tuck rim :D Or at the very least make it not rub just the way you have it.

should i get

18 x 7.5 offset at 42
or
18 x 7.5 offset at 48

I dont know!!!

edit: i think the rims i want are only in 43 now, the other ones are discontinued, so would +43 work?

Last edited:
ok will the rear rub with 225 40 18 tires at stock hight or lower or none? and the same for the front with 235 40 18 lower? currently i have the 235 on the front with no rubbing but the MSP still no lower so i want to know before i lower if the tires will be fine? Thanks guys

what about these, at first i was looking at the 17s and using my current tires, but im thinkin about going with 18s with maybe a 1 inch drop in the front and .3 drop in the back. heres the specs for the rims, think it'll fit fine?

18x7
Offset: 38mm
Backspacing: 5.55"
Bolt Pattern: 4-114
Rec. Tire Size: 215/40-18

Back