16" Rota Subzero Tire Sizing

Hey, all.

I'm looking at getting a set of 16" x 7" Subzero's for my P5 (Want to keep that unsprung weight down!), and was wondering what size tire I should be going to? My gut tells me 205/45-16's from a stock 195/50-16, as the wheel is a full inch wider. I was just wondering if that would mess my speedo up too terribly much, and if so, what a better alternative would be. Thanks in advance, everyone!

- Eddie

Good choice on the rims! :p
fc62c26b.jpg

Those are 17" w/ 40's & no drop

45's should be cool, but you'll have a little more wheel gap than before. 50's would be better...

You got it right. Nice assumption. However it's very possible that it will still rub. The safest thing is to retain the stock tire size.

7" requires approx. +42 offset and the ones you got are +40. From interpolation you should rub. But it's close, who knows. If you run a degree of negative camber i think you'll be fine.

Rishie

The ideal setup, only available in slipstream, is the 16,7 +45 offset with a 205/45/16 or 215/45/16. I would assume the 215 would actually be a little better of a tire diameter.

Rishie

Let me know if you're interested in these. I'll see what I can do for you. I know Rota pretty well. We just had some wheels custom made for us. I'll post pics on monday.

ILP Performance actually got in touch with me about the wheel sizing. They do have a set of SubZero's in the 16x7 size. Here's what I got for a response:

--- Cut ---

Edward,
Thank you for your interest in ILP Performance. The Subzero wheels that
you are interested in will fit but only with the proper wheel spacers.
Also, they only have 16x7" not 16x6.5". The set will cost $500 plus
shipping.

Sincerely,
Justin Drew

--- Cut ---

If I can get these and a set of spacers, I should have no problem, but if you can get me a better price or a better line on these wheels, Rishie, I'd be greatful. =) Thanks!

As a side note, it looks like I may go with 215/45, as the number of rotations per minute seems a little closer to stock, ie; Less speedometer wierdness.

- Eddie

bring out the dead....

so what was the final verdict here? will a 16x7 +40 fit ok? did you end up getting them? i'm definitely interested in a set of 16's and want to know....

Back