12,208 CX-5 Sales in USA for July.

Exactly. Where I live, the winters are mild. Every few years, we may get a few days with snow and or ice here and there, but you're literally talking about two or three days. I just called a friend of mine who works at my local Mazda Dealership, and they don't have any CX5 vehicles with AWD right now, but they've sold 4 of them this week. (cheers2)

Associating AWD with just *winter* driving. Your first mistake...

Lol,the other dealer...

22 in stock...

18 AWD
4 FWD

Why does anybody care? People buy what they want. You want AWD. Good for you. Enjoy. AWD is obviously in demand where you live......it's not in demand where I live. But why does it matter? Who cares? lol

Why does anybody care? People buy what they want. You want AWD. Good for you. Enjoy. AWD is obviously in demand where you live......it's not in demand where I live. But why does it matter? Who cares? lol

Couldn*t careless. I live in the same climate as you. Just stating FACTS, that is all.

Yeah but in the US isn't the GT the top selling CX-5 trim? If so it's because people want loads of features under a certain price point. <<< Said people are cross shopping entry luxury vehicles along with other cars in class/pricepoint. So whatever makes the GT trim a successful seller Mazda is keen on enhancing.

In other words the CX-5 GT cost the same or less than stripped down entry luxury cars. Mazda knows this and apparently so do consumers. The challenge is to stay ahead of the curve in terms of features/power/syling, ect. that makes the GT a competitive value.

Yup, the the model that sells is the AWD GT with the premium package at my dealer. So much, that they can't get them in stock fast enough. I think people find it to be a good deal when loaded up.

Exactly. Where I live, the winters are mild. Every few years, we may get a few days with snow and or ice here and there, but you're literally talking about two or three days. I just called a friend of mine who works at my local Mazda Dealership, and they don't have any CX5 vehicles with AWD right now, but they've sold 4 of them this week. (cheers2)
AWD has traction benefits outside of winter...

Frankly don't see the point of a non AWD CUV, but whatever.

40 2018 CX-5 on my dealers lot, Cleveland Ohio.

39 AWD, 1 FWD

And that's exactly what I'd expect to see where you live, and it's what I'd want if I was living there. Mazda knows where to place the AWD and FWD vehicles. Some dealerships are going to heavily favor one or the other. My issue earlier in the thread, was that it was stated that it was a 'mistake' to want AWD because of winter conditions. I've owned both AWD and FWD vehicles throughout my life, and my personal decision making criteria was based on how severe the winters were where I lived, and whether I needed the additional traction. I understand the advantages of AWD, it's just that I don't need it where I live now, and the two Mazda dealerships nearest to me offer exactly the opposite balance of FWD to AWD to your dealerships. Neither is right or wrong......the dealerships are simply delivering what their markets are demanding. It's not rocket science. (wink)

And that's exactly what I'd expect to see where you live, and it's what I'd want if I was living there. Mazda knows where to place the AWD and FWD vehicles. Some dealerships are going to heavily favor one or the other. My issue earlier in the thread, was that it was stated that it was a 'mistake' to want AWD because of winter conditions. I've owned both AWD and FWD vehicles throughout my life, and my personal decision making criteria was based on how severe the winters were where I lived, and whether I needed the additional traction. I understand the advantages of AWD, it's just that I don't need it where I live now, and the two Mazda dealerships nearest to me offer exactly the opposite balance of FWD to AWD to your dealerships. Neither is right or wrong......the dealerships are simply delivering what their markets are demanding. It's not rocket science. (wink)

No,I didnt say it was a mistake for wanting it for winter where you live (I Live really close to you). I said it was a mistake for thinking it was only for winter. The AWD system far exceeds that (driving dynamics,takeoff,slippery conditions from rain,etc),and low and behold if someone else hasnt stepped in and said the same thing...Also,of course more are probably sold in the North,but its not a 90/10 split as stated,and Ill guarantee that. Its all good though,enjoy your new whip...

AWD is in higher demand for CX Models. Let the facts speak for themselves...

This AWD\FWD nonsense is hilarious. You'd have to look at the dealership breakdown by zipcode to get a real sense of how Mazda set it up. My guess is that north of an agreed geographical line, the emphasis is on AWD, and south of the same line, the emphasis is on FWD. But honestly, who cares? Buy what you want and enjoy it.

Speaking of AWD-->Has anyone had the opportunity to drive their AWD 2017-2018 in the snow yet? If so, how did it do?? (we just picked up a 2018 AWD and our winters the last few years have been cold and snowy!)

Speaking of AWD-->Has anyone had the opportunity to drive their AWD 2017-2018 in the snow yet? If so, how did it do?? (we just picked up a 2018 AWD and our winters the last few years have been cold and snowy!)

Nope.

Back