'11 with 76k. Change tranny fluid or not?

Drogos

Just bought it so I don't have any information on whether anything was done to tranny before. My guess is ....since manual doesn't call for any tranny service...it wasn't.
SO should I touch the transmission? It shifts fine, if anything and it might be nitpicking...during slow acceleration, no more than 2.5k rev....tranny is somewhat lazy shifting 1-3 gear. It's not a delay, no jerking or anything abrupt more like ...slight deceleration during shift. Does that make sense? I am coming from manual transmission and CVT for past couple years so I am not sure really how AT should act in this car. When engine is revved higher it's super smooth. Slow, relaxed acceleration does provide very gentle jolt forward as if something was holding it back a bit. Almost feels like manual which does loose a bit momentum when accelerating in spirited way only here it happens only when accelerating slowly.
I was wondering if new tranny fluid can help. One of the mechanics I know said that at that point it's better not to touch it. I just don't see how simple drain and fill can hurt anything

I've done the drain/fill method on my wife's CX9 which has about 115K miles on it. First time was around 110K and I did it the 2nd time when I changed her engine oil again ~5k miles later. I don't see a reason why the drain/fill would have a negative impact on the performance. I'll probably do it one more time next oil change and then leave it for a couple years.

A coin toss IMO... nothing more than a drain/fill though. Flush out of the question... again.. all just IMO.

I would do the drain and fill. Just make sure you use the correct fluid!

I'm planning to start mine at 60k miles (in a few months) and then every 30k thereafter. Just a drain and refill. My parents got over 280k miles out of a '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee's transmission that had a horrible reputation for reliability. My mechanic said he had never saw one make it to 200k, most of them fail by 150k. But thanks to my mom's OCD, she is freakish about having her car serviced and she changed the ATF twice as often as the Owner's Manual specified. It also had the Towing Package which included an auxiliary transmission cooler, which probably helped.

I can't imagine NEVER changing it even though the manual claims it's "lifetime" ATF.....the lifetime or the warranty? lifetime of the transmission?

Drain and refill if you could find Mazda OEM ATF, if NOT flush it and use with brand you trust.

Drain and refill if you could find Mazda OEM ATF, if NOT flush it and use with brand you trust.

Do you think that AISIN-brand ATF would be a good choice? It is an AISIN transmission and their ATF is available for just $13.95 on Amazon with FREE 2-day Prime Shipping.

BTW, what's the capacity of the transmission? How many of the 1-quart bottles will I need to refill?

Thanks!

3.5 qt for one change at a time right? Also, please guys don't use Mobil 1. It's been widely lab tested by subaru guys and at least 5w 30 variant was known to loose viscosity somewhere around 2.5k mile mark

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back