08 CX9 Died!! Security malfunction system?

wow

:
08 CX9
My CX9 warning lights (all of them) came on while driving at about 30 mph. Car did not die or act strange at all. I drove it about a mile and stopped. Killed the engine. Now it will do nothing!! No sound. I tried jumping it off to no avail. Battery is strong. I scanned it and got an ERR. No codes. Read owners manual and found that if I turn key on and the security indicator light blinks fast, there is a problem with the security malfunction system. Mine does that. Does anyone know if there is a way to override it without towing it in to the dealer? All sugestions appreciated.
Thanks,
Will Walker

I did try the other key. Didn't help. I had it towed in and re-programed and it worked fined for a week. Then it happened again. Exactly as before. Guess I'll have to have it towed in again Monday. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Will

There are a couple threads on here with folks that have had to replace their engine wiring harness under warranty. It is a known problem that a few CX-9's have defective wiring harnesses. I'd say it could be that.

Well, after a week at the dealer, they decided it was the instrument cluster. It is supposedly not comunicating with the computer. WOW, cost will be $1200.00 total. I guess I have no other alternative
Will

You DO have another alternative. Buy a used cluster from a salvage lot with similar mileage (less mileage would work to your advantage) and install yourself. Easy job, would cost much less. The salvage website I use is www.car-part.com not to be confused with carpart.com. you have to specify usa, your zipcode, and sort by condition rating or location. As far as an instrument cluster, you would want to sort reults by location seeing as they would not sell a broken cluster...all the clusters for sale should be fine. But there is also peace of mind with having dealer install new one and transmit actual mileage to the new cluster.

Back