08-10 mazda5 fog light bezels ???

Don't waist your money on 3K HIDs for the fogs. I also first installed DDM 35watt 3K fogs and I quickly removed them and sold them because I hated the faint yellow/greenish color they projected. I instead went with 3K yellow Luminics H11 bulbs and I am way happier in the way they look.

Yup don't do it. By brother had them on his Civic and my brother in law in his Subie and all three looked the same. Needless to say we all removed them and sold them and installed 3K H11 bulbs. They honestly look better and project a better light output.

so if i understand correctly, if i use parts # MA1038104 and MA1039104 from Rockauto.com and get some bulbs with the right diameter,i can install those in the bumper to get aftermarket fogs. sure i'll need the wiring and all but that's ok.

am i right ?

thanks guys,if so i'll order them up today!

Since this thread was already bumped from extinction today :), I'll ask.

How difficult is it to get a switch in the stock OEM fog light switch location or did you guys do it another way?

so if i understand correctly, if i use parts # MA1038104 and MA1039104 from Rockauto.com and get some bulbs with the right diameter,i can install those in the bumper to get aftermarket fogs. sure i'll need the wiring and all but that's ok.

am i right ?

Make sure you buy the bezels that have holes for the light
And the fog lights you buy should be 4in other sizes will look
off
Since this thread was already bumped from extinction today :), I'll ask.

How difficult is it to get a switch in the stock OEM fog light switch location or did you guys do it another way?

The oem fog switch is a whole different head light switch
But I used a 4pin relay to switch the fog lights on when I turn the head lights on

You can wire them to come on with the parking lights

Last edited:
No - I just did this. You need the fog light bezels that have the hole & mounting points. You should get the oem installation kit. It comes with the bezels & switch. You can buy cheaper aftermarket lights & bulbs. I tried to do it cheaper and didn't realize the bezels came in the oem installation kit, not the oem light kit.

am i right ?

No - I just did this. You need the fog light bezels that have the hole & mounting points. You should get the oem installation kit. It comes with the bezels & switch. You can buy cheaper aftermarket lights & bulbs. I tried to do it cheaper and didn't realize the bezels came in the oem installation kit, not the oem light kit.

Yeah the silver rings are separate
It's worth it to buy the oem kit cause if you price it separately
It will cost more

Last edited:
thanks for the info guys
a kit like this ?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BRAND-NEW-MA...=item416310eb2e&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1#ht_1589wt_1344

just got the link on ebay for example,dunno how much my dealer sells those.
What year is your Mz5? That kit you linked is for 06-07 ONLY. The 08-10 have revised front bumper and different fog light bezel. Also, this is described as "This is the installation harness and switch" so I would read that as the switch (replacement turn stalk and associated wiring) for the steering column. I would contact the seller to ensure you get the bezel and ring cover, and that you have an '06-07.

I want to put fog/driving lights in my 06, how well do the factory lamps work? I don't want to go thru all the trouble to install them if they don't really add useful light. I also don't want to get aftermarket lights that also don't do anything. This would be so I can see better, not just to have "the look". I put OEM fog lights into my old car myself, and it really wasn't worth the effort for how much light they threw.

And thanks for the link "Foxhound", my local dealer told me they couldn't get accessories for a 5 as old as mine anymore.

Back