07 speed3 to 04 sti...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjms3

hey everyone first post in a long time cause well i bought a new car =)... have a silver 04 sti that is now stage 2 and i love every minute of it. things i miss about the speed3 is the interior the refinement the overall luxurious feel. things i dont miss.. getting raped my slightly modded srt4's and loosing to stock sti's haha (was never to modded in my speed3 just intake inlet and bpv). overall im very happy with my decision and fully understand now why everyone has a sti. they are an awesome brute machine. but i do miss this friendly and helping community the suby community is a little harsher and kinda flames over everything.

very nice! i love the stis. one of my fav cars. i only picked the ms6 over an sti because up here in canadaland, stis are crazy expensive.

There is nothing wrong with any model year Sti, especially the 09-10. I test drove the Sti and WRX before I purchased the MS3. At the time I felt the MS3 was the right move for me.

Congrats on the downgrade......haha J/K

BTW: you shouldn't be losing to either or car's from a roll in the Speed3 vs the 2 above you mentioned. Take it easy on the tranny, they are very weak with too many clutch dumps

your speed was fail for losing to stock sti's

Yep thats what I was thinking, must of had a boost leak or something. And losing to slightly modded srt-4s? Give me a break! If my MS3 was that full of fail I would have traded it in months ago.

Yep thats what I was thinking, must of had a boost leak or something. And losing to slightly modded srt-4s? Give me a break! If my MS3 was that full of fail I would have traded it in months ago.

Slightly modded in how? You do realise that with a 93 tune stock other wise is pretty freaking quick over a stock tune or at least it feels it.

the srt4's...ok that kinda sucks but sti's? whats wrong with that
they do have more hp and same/more tq plus 4wheel drive....i thought STI's were supposed to be faster then a MS3

STis are faster than the MS3. I've owned both (a 05 STi *cobb stage2*, and a MS3 w/ cobb sr) If it's true race that is (from dig). However you'll find the playing field leveled a bit on highway runs where the paracidic AWD takes it toll on the STi.

Personally as much as I loved launching the STi I always felt guilty about it- like I was abusing the drive-train. It's much safer, albeit less effective, to launch a 2wd car- it doesn't load the drive-train like AWD does. The excess energy simply turns into tire smoke.

PS I've been to the track a half a dozen times with my rwd coupe. I'll consistantly pulled better 60' times than any of the AWD cars I've seen and spoken to. This was with street tires no less. IMHO it goes RWD>AWD>FWD.

the srt4's...ok that kinda sucks but sti's? whats wrong with that
they do have more hp and same/more tq plus 4wheel drive....i thought STI's were supposed to be faster then a MS3

Just my two cents:

Sure the STI has more hp/torque at the crank, but it's drive train losses are 2x-3x the MS3 drive train losses. From what I've seen the STI and MS3 (stock) produce about the same WHP (245hp +/- a little bit) depending on the dyno, humidity, etc... I would bet that an STI could beat an MS3 off the line by a little bit because of it's AWD, but that the MS3 would catch up and maybe pass it because of it's lighter weight.

Also, the MSRP on an STI is $10k more than an MS3... so if you wanted an apples to apples comparison, find an MS3 that has $10k worth of mods and race against a stock STI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back