03 protege paint

hembree06

:
2003 mazda protege 5
i really dont know anything about painting cars and was curious of how to do it and what i would need i dont wanna take it to someone cause honestly i cant afford it (i dont think not sure of the price) but i want to paint my hood in the middle and the top of my car black but i dont want it to look bad what should i do?

Thanks for the help

i checked on that and i might as well get a carbon fiber for the price im gonna pay im trying to figure out how i can paint it myself and have it look good

your gonna find a 50 dollar carbon fiber hood?

most of his vinyl products range in between 30-70 dollars...

he told me that one for the top of the car would run about 90 and he wont even respond about the hood and i asked him about that first

you might as well take it to a shop or find one of those mobile guys that might be able to do it for you.

you are going to need a lot of stuff, primer, basecoat, clear, reducer, hardener for clear and primer, rolls of sand paper, spray guns, air compresser, air hose, various cleaners, tack cloth, paper, tape, and various other things.

i really dont know anything about painting cars and was curious of how to do it and what i would need i dont wanna take it to someone cause honestly i cant afford it (i dont think not sure of the price) but i want to paint my hood in the middle and the top of my car black but i dont want it to look bad what should i do?

Thanks for the help

Dont bother doing it yourself dude... unless your looking at using some kind of spray paint your better off letting someone else do it or going the vinyle route... a quart of black paint alone will run you about $50 to $70 and then factor in clear coat which is probably close to 70 to 80 depending on what you get then factor in hardener and reducer... The cost of a decent spray gun is atleast 200 to 300 and tape and blah blah blah... you can count on it adding up quick...

you might as well take it to a shop or find one of those mobile guys that might be able to do it for you.

you are going to need a lot of stuff, primer, basecoat, clear, reducer, hardener for clear and primer, rolls of sand paper, spray guns, air compresser, air hose, various cleaners, tack cloth, paper, tape, and various other things.

lol im guessing you work at a bodyshop as well?

id skip the primer but you could prolly do it with 500. or you could just single stage.

150 for ss. another 150 for devilbiss starting line guns. 30 for 600 grit wet sand paper. paper free if you use newspaper. tape depends what brand id use 3m scotch contractor stuff to keep cost down. 30 for 5gal of thinner or 20 for 1gal at homedepot. 10 for tacrag and 20 for wax grease remover.

Last edited:
I just did mines this week. And I painted the P5 myself. On materials alone it would be about $600.

Latest posts

Back