03 ES - are my spring coils bad???

upanddown

:
2003 Protege ES
I recently changed all four struts and every part of my suspension on the front end. My ride quality is horrible and acting like the struts are bad but the symptoms are puzzling.

When you try to bounce the vehicle to test the struts there is no bounce....when I push down, it stays down. I can pull up on the car and it stays almost all the way up, not much coming back down.

The car rides very rough and is riding low as if the struts were bad but it seems odd that all four would be bad out of the box.

Is there a way to diagnose bad springs apart from the struts without taking them off of the car?

Im not trying to put performance parts on the car, just keeping it a reliable daily driver.

That sounds like the struts are binding. I really doubt that the springs are bad, especially in a car that is only 10 years old.

Is there a good way to test for this still on the car?

Also do any of you think that other parts could be binding causing this? I did change the LCA, tie rod end, and sway bar link....but I doubt that those parts would cause the issues Im experiencing, but I dont want to count anything out.

My experience has been over the last 10 years I have never.....NEVER.....had to replace a lifetime warranty part from autozone or o'reillys other than brake pads.

Im sure it will happen one day, but to equip my daily driver I havent had an issue yet.

Just get some kyb struts. Or if you want real lifetime get you some tokicos ( pricey).

Some of autozones stuff is ok but I've had issues with a lot of stuff

Is it just one corner that's binding when you push down? If it is, I suspect that strut may be bad. If all four corners do the same thing, it could be an install problem.

Back