'02 vs 03 differences

WOw, I just discovered anotehr diference not listed.... critical for those w/ small kids.
LATCH child safety system.
It was required for vehicles after 9/1/02.

Seems '03 models have it (thus 03.5 would as well), however 02 do not. not sure about 02.5 but I'd be suspicious they might.

My 2002 P5 has a LATCH child-Restraint system, it's an early 02.

Clifton

My 2002 P5 has a LATCH child-Restraint system, it's an early 02.

Clifton

How odd.
I just bought an '02 w/ date 9/1/01... has the latch behind the seat (for the pull-over strap), but not the lower ones that are buried under the seats...?

That's what I'd assume as well.
However - I've been scowering AutoTrader and Craigslist ads all over the East Coast.
I have not yet seen a single picture of an '03 5spd that did not also have a sunroof. Plenty of auto's w/o them though.
If anybody has this combo, speak up!

So if the subwoofer was available '03, are all of the cars that year pre-wired for it? Maybe that's a new thread in itself.

I have an early 03 P5 (built late 02)(Laser blue, 6 disc CD, side air bags, ABS/5 spd)---no sunroof. I have the roof rack but not installed, caps covering the rails.Bought her new w/ 20 miles on the clock--have 110k now. Still runs like a dream.

Last edited:
I purchased mine new in May 2002, built 06/01. I have the under seat hooks. I had to go through the manual to dig out the information several years ago when my grandson stayed with us a few days.

Clifton

How odd.
I just bought an '02 w/ date 9/1/01... has the latch behind the seat (for the pull-over strap), but not the lower ones that are buried under the seats...?

Back