What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Wow. I do wonder how one goes about replacing a CX-5 roof. (scratch)

Edit: Well without repainting and replacing anything (except the trim around the wheel), Service King can get me mostly fixed up for $180. That would be replacing that trim around the wheel, polishing up the wheel and paint and doing something with the plastic part to clean it up and condition. Won't be perfect, but should make it good enough. If they went the route of replacing items/repainting, etc. then it's closer to $980.

My deductible is $1000 (only way I could keep it affordable monthly as a 26 year old male in Denver (argh) ). So if I am paying out of pocket, I'll go the cheap route lol.

I had good experience with Service King. At least the one I took my car to. A tip though....Don't hurry an auto body shop. Be patient and let them complete the process.

China in this case- Tai Nan-but your right usually from Russia and in connection with alcohol often.

this kind of video is ALWAYS coming out of Russia. I don't get it.

**woops, I mean to quote you, I edited my response into your post by mistake, I fixed it. I'm confused because sounded like he blurted something in Russia but the site is Vietcong lol

This video is from Vietnam; not Russia. It's definitely not from China! :)

Right this Tai Nan is a district of Ho Chi Minh city and not the city Tainan what I thought first.(and even then it would be Taiwan and definitely not China) My bad.

Last edited:
Right this Tai Nan is a district of Ho Chi Minh city and not the city Tainan what I thought first.(and even then it would be Taiwan and definitely not China) My bad.

I recognized some Vietnamese characters in the article and the .vn in URL also indicates the article is from Vietnam. But I was surprised you know the city of Tainan in Taiwan, as most people know Taipei but not Tainan! :)

Today I picked up my CX-5. Despite telling the dealer what accessories I wanted to purchase he did not have them ready with the vehicle. So, I just ordered them all from Amazon. I also scheduled an appointment to get the front windows tinted (dealer wanted $400!). I also put my very first dent in my CX-5... I think my backup camera may be misaligned or else someone hit it while I was parked. I've only backed up close to the red line and don't remember any impact from the times I've backed up, but somehow there is a nice little dent above the bumper and the panel was popped out a bit. I popped it back in without issue, it's very flexible so getting the dent out shouldn't be a challenge. Fun times!

Today I picked up my CX-5.

I also put my very first dent in my CX-5... I think my backup camera may be misaligned or else someone hit it while I was parked. I've only backed up close to the red line and don't remember any impact from the times I've backed up, but somehow there is a nice little dent above the bumper and the panel was popped out a bit. I popped it back in without issue, it's very flexible so getting the dent out shouldn't be a challenge. Fun times!
Congrats! But getting the first dent on the first day of the ownership is defeating! But like 7eregrine said earlier, it's freeing!

Months ago I also saw the left rear bumper piece was popped out. I thought someone hit the rear bumper but I couldn't find any sign of minor collision. I assumed it's a case of the plastic bumper flexed itself due to the sudden temperature drop, and popped out by itself?!

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 216051 View attachment 216052

That is exactly how mine was, plus a nice dent and some scratched up paint. I'm feeling fine about it, s*** happens. Literally every single new vehicle I've owned has received a dent within the first few months of ownership so I was kind of expecting it, just not within hours of getting the car! I am surprised just how flexible and soft that panel feels, and it seems like it doesn't take much force to pop it out.

To add to the things I've done - I just installed a bunch of the AIO tweaks. It seems to have worked, except now I have some weird beeping when I scroll - probably going to uninstall and start over with fewer tweaks. I also noticed the dealer for some reason failed to install the updates so I'm running version 55.something instead of 56 or 57, whatever the newest is. This is kind of concerning because they are supposed to do all that as part of their pre-sale prep, it makes me wonder what else they didn't do, like lower the tire pressure from it's shipping PSI... I'm coming to the conclusion that my dealer is kind of a no ***** given dude, he was friendly enough but I think he put in minimal effort on his end of the process.

That is exactly how mine was, plus a nice dent and some scratched up paint. I'm feeling fine about it, s*** happens. Literally every single new vehicle I've owned has received a dent within the first few months of ownership so I was kind of expecting it, just not within hours of getting the car! I am surprised just how flexible and soft that panel feels, and it seems like it doesn't take much force to pop it out.

To add to the things I've done - I just installed a bunch of the AIO tweaks. It seems to have worked, except now I have some weird beeping when I scroll - probably going to uninstall and start over with fewer tweaks. I also noticed the dealer for some reason failed to install the updates so I'm running version 55.something instead of 56 or 57, whatever the newest is. This is kind of concerning because they are supposed to do all that as part of their pre-sale prep, it makes me wonder what else they didn't do, like lower the tire pressure from it's shipping PSI... I'm coming to the conclusion that my dealer is kind of a no ***** given dude, he was friendly enough but I think he put in minimal effort on his end of the process.
Newest is 59.#. Mine was on .55 as well. Why isn't 59 on it from the factory?

What did I do today? Removed the center headrest.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So that's like the 3rd CX-5 I've seen recently here with a hitch. I swear someone said People with CX-5's don't tow stuff?!?! :D

Last edited:
So that's like the 3rd CX-5 I've seen recently here with a hitch. I swear someone said People with CX-5's don't two stuff?!?! :D

I'm getting one installed right now lol. I'm getting it primarily for a bike rack but having the wiring installed just in case I have the need to tow something 2000 pounds or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

I share with you some images of installed BEATRUSH CX-5 bars.

I can say they are very light, I really liked the detail of the brand in purple and the VIN and above all they are made in Japan,
the handling of the car, feels much better, good driving and stability in the curves

I buy them in Kamispeed, the best shopping page, excellent attention and zero problems.

http://www.kamispeed.com/Mazda-CX-5-Performance-Auto-Parts-s/15603.htm

BEATRUSH FRONT STRUT BAR - 2013+ MAZDA CX-5

BEATRUSH FRONT PERFORMANCE BAR - MAZDA 6 & CX5

BEATRUSH REAR MEMBER SUPPORT BAR - MAZDA 6 & CX5

Back