2017 CX-5 Pics Thread

Lmao. Gawd we are all so different, aren't we? I actually like the gas door release on the floor. I think it's perfect​ there. Not that I would dislike it in the new spot, But I don't mind it where it's at.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't mind where it is either; hell, I only need to use it maybe once every other week.

Hallelujah!!!!!

I HATE the latch on the floor board. Was really my biggest design complaint about the. CX-5.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

It takes them time to update that sort of thing. Current Mazda 6 has it on the bottom of the dash for a few years now. It was only a matter of time for the CX-5 to be updated :)

And here's the first 2017 I've seen in the wild other than mine:

cee73b5907c9ab632e9413b76000626c.jpg

Not sure the rainy day was doing the paint work justice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice. That angle makes it look like a mini CX-9. It also looks a lot lower than the older versions as well.

It takes them time to update that sort of thing. Current Mazda 6 has it on the bottom of the dash for a few years now. It was only a matter of time for the CX-5 to be updated :)

In terms of new feature adoption, including iActivSense technology, Mazda US lags behind other regions in past years, while CX-5 lags behind other Mazda models (3 & 6). Naturally CX-5 owners in the US are the most patient user group. :)

In terms of new feature adoption, including iActivSense technology, Mazda US lags behind other regions in past years, while CX-5 lags behind other Mazda models (3 & 6). Naturally CX-5 owners in the US are the most patient user group. :)

TBH, I'd bet most CX-5 owners aren't as critical as here and they don't really care.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

There's always a few out there that want everything yesterday

I do find it amusing that everyone has this tech here now. Every car commercial today seems to be showing off brake Assist technology. Honda, Toyota and Mercedes are just 3 I've seen this week. It's not all that amazing when everyone offers it. What's amazing are the companies that don't charge extra for it. *Hint @ Mazda. We want our customers to be as safe as possible....As long as you're willing to pay extra for it. Toyota leading the pack in this department.

See attached, cars that include this standard even on base models.
89336f5cedf98af7ddbdc6b03e0960b3.jpg

why do we even need a fuel door release?
c'mon Mazda, you're moving upscale and yet still need a button to pop the fuel door open?

my 12 year old X3 you just push on the fuel door and it pops open. If the car is locked, that feature is disabled. :)

My Volvo has one, too. Drove me nuts for the first few months.

Last edited:
why do we even need a fuel door release?
c'mon Mazda, you're moving upscale and yet still need a button to pop the fuel door open?

my 12 year old X3 you just push on the fuel door and it pops open. If the car is locked, that feature is disabled. :)

For security reasons I guess. Don't want people to try and access it if the car is unlocked.

If your cars unlocked...I can open your fuel door using the lever inside. Probably have to be familiar with Mazda to know that, but... ;)

wish they launched it now.. sheesh.. ended up getting the GT 2017 anyway... gave up my VW Passat TDI SEL after recall to buy this. dont regret it, but Diesel would've been great

actually in my GT 2017 premium pack, there are reverse sensors. it detects people etc. if they are in the back, but i dont think it breaks. dont have the nerve to try it out..

actually in my GT 2017 premium pack, there are reverse sensors. it detects people etc. if they are in the back, but i dont think it breaks. dont have the nerve to try it out..

Correct. Your version of Smart City Brake support is for front only. We have it here for both front and rear

Back