Wax?

The place that does my car uses blue coral...that stuff is nuice! I have a meguires 3 step process but being I am lazy only the rims got to use it... One day I'll have a garage to park under so I'm wouldn't be out in the sun waxing.

for a quick wax I use the Maguiers NXT stuff. Goes on easy, comes off even easier... highly recommend.
for the quarterly wax I use 3 phase plus clay bar.

Forgot to add for the cheapo stuff that works wonders for in between waxes is the rain-x High Foaming wash and wax with carnanuba beads. After it rains the rain-x qualities take effect and the car dries spotless and 85-90% of the visable dirt is washed away with the *non acid rain leaving the car looking like you washed it 5 minutes ago. I never diluted it...just poured onto the dearskin car wash mit and apllied it to a already sprayed down car. then sprayed the soap off and smile. I almost never had to dry the car but seing the roads her are covered in construction debree or sand(see sig pic) drying is a smart thing to do...

Last edited:
I love zaino but it takes a hell of a long time to do.. For day to day good ol meguiars is fine

Da 6 said:
Forgot to add for the cheapo stuff that works wonders for in between waxes is the rain-x High Foaming wash and wax with carnanuba beads. After it rains the rain-x qualities take effect and the car dries spotless and 85-90% of the visable dirt is washed away with the *non acid rain leaving the car looking like you washed it 5 minutes ago. I never diluted it...just poured onto the dearskin car wash mit and apllied it to a already sprayed down car. then sprayed the soap off and smile. I almost never had to dry the car but seing the roads her are covered in construction debree or sand(see sig pic) drying is a smart thing to do...
LOL sorry about that my sig changed 3 times after submitting this...thanx for comments...
IMG_0147.jpg

this is what I was refering too. Don't remember if we had more snow or sand in this parkinglot over the winter... I have to thuroghly dry the car before parking cause the wind here kicks of the sand and dust making oyou feel like it's desert storm! look on other side pf parkinglot and see how more concentrated it is.... One day I'll try NXT seing all the personal reviews from members on othere forums too but untill it gets warm enough to get my hands wet outdoors it will be touchless with tripple foam and californa waterbladded properly.

I use liquid glass...but have heard wonderful things about NXT (which is basically identical to liquid glass).

It doesn't really matter much with a silver car...you can wax and polish that thing all day, it still looks about the same =/.

Honestly if you've got a black car, I've never seen anything beat zaino...but then you'll spend about 8 hours doing it, so it better #@($&!)@($& look good.

Liquid Glass!! I use Meguiar's Clay Bar, then the Liquid Glass. That combo is awesome. I haven't tried to use Zaino, cause getting that stuff shipped up here to Alaska costs me as much as the product itself.

I have used Zaino since I bought the car...and once you get used to it, and if you get that accelerator stuff that makes it dry faster, you can get multiple coats on relatively quickly...and since it isn't a cleaner or a wax, it is very easy to remove and allows as many coats that you are crazy enough to put on...I generally try to keep about 8 coats on, supposedly you loose about 1 coat worth of polish every month...so it only takes a while the first time you do it...then you simply put one or two coats on a month to keep up with it...

It last sssoooooooo long too...I can put 5 coats on in the fall, and its still glass smooth in march after a winter of salt, water, and rock debris on the roads...

one day this summer I'll try it out...also california car duster works wonders for in between washes!

I use Maguires NXT. Nice stuff easy on and off. Though it seems to need a rewaxing sooner.

The 3 step you people seem to like any details would be good.

Had her detailed lil bit ago :) For the Bigger picts that show the metal flakes PM Me(they are huge! think bigger than what you are currently thinking)
White dots are exposed primer :(
aw1.jpg

aw2.jpg

aw3.jpg

I just bought a bunch of zaino stuff after being unhappy with a bunch of different waxes. I like meguires, but I never used a clay bar so it never turned out like I wanted it to. Then I tried a couple different things (NuFinish, turtle wax) but just gave up and bought Zaino. Now I'm waiting until I can get my MSP lip installed and my hood and lip painted, as well as getting the dents out of my doors. Then I'm gonna Zaino the hell out of it :D

Jliao said:
1. Klasse All-In-One + P21S Carnauba Wax
2. Poorboy EX-P

This boy is the only one who knows what he's doing. All you zaino fans think you know what detailing is all about when for most of you its your first time doing it. goto:

www.bettercarcare.com
www.properautocare.com
www.detailcity.com

Any real care care site and you will find very few talking about zaino the way people on this forum talk about it. Yes I will agree its a good product but far far from best. Jliao has a very good combination going that produces amazing results. An acrylic polymer layered with an amazing carnauba wax that was made more motorcycles. Four Star products are really impressive also. What I have read about and soon will try is Klasse AIO topped off with Pinnacle Souveran paste wax, its suppose to give an unbelievable mirror like shine. I would recommend anyone that is truly into detailing to visit www.detailcity.com. The forum is full of great info.

Back