High Mileage Contest

pingdum

:
Ol' Reddy...Ol' Reddy...the best Truckin' Truck in South Philly
Has anyone hit 100,000 yet on their 5? I think there should be prizes for 100, 150, 200 etc.

man...i only got 300 miles on mine :( but my Z has 238,000...and that took 22 years to do!

between myself and the other person that owned my car we have collectively put 31,000 since last february... :(
oh well (rofl2)

word...I have just over 90,000 on mine right now. I would have already been over 100,000, but I moved closer to work and I have an old 323 that I try and drive as much as possible. Right now the 323 needs a clutch so the Pro5 is getting driven. It won't be long now guys. Prizes would be cool.

Justin should be declared winner! And he should get a prize..That is a lot of miles in that short of a timeframe.. how did you do it? where did you drive?

Prizes would be good, but you guys would have to get a pool going or something. Unless a vendor wanted to donate a prize?

LinuxRacr's mp3 is getting up there, btw.

LinuxRacr's mp3 is getting up there, btw.
I thought this was just for Pro5's? Anyway, he had a whole year head start. Linux definetly gets the award for most engine swaps and probably highest milage turbo Protege.(blowup)

Lisa, I used to work in Durham and live in High Point. 120 miles round trip everyday and I was taking road trips almost every weekend which added up to well over 1,000 miles a week. The first weekend I owned the car I drove it to North Hampton, Mass. and back to pick up a new motorcycle. It also went to Atlanta twice last year and DC twice.(drive)

2001 Mazda protege 5 with 333,000 miles on it. It is still a daily driver of at least 125 miles daily and still going strong. Always turns over on first try.

damn bbl. nice. mine is at 114k almost turning 115k. Just put 3 of 4 new tires on the car. 10/32 tread and the driver rear is at 4/32 so ill replace that next month. I can expect better gas mileage now.

OCC: Dbl, what engine work has been done to have that car go for so long?

2001 Mazda protege 5 with 333,000 miles on it. It is still a daily driver of at least 125 miles daily and still going strong. Always turns over on first try.

Way to revive an 11 year old thread. Good to hear you are racking up the miles, lets see you hit 400,000! :)

Oh and if you have a 2001, then its not a protege5 ;)

Way to revive an 11 year old thread. Good to hear you are racking up the miles, lets see you hit 400,000! :)

Oh and if you have a 2001, then its not a protege5 ;)
i owned a nissan sentra sold still running good at 500,000 miles my p5 has 160k

I have 412,000kms which us pretty good for an Ontario car.

How's your car for rust ???

My car doesn't burn any oil either... way better than my last car.

bmw-530i-e12-1975-068537_zps3c575373.jpg

Me and my buddies weren't too focused on maintenance though...

upinsmoke_zps1867826a.jpg

How's your car for rust ???

My car doesn't burn any oil either... way better than my last car.

bmw-530i-e12-1975-068537_zps3c575373.jpg

Me and my buddies weren't too focused on maintenance though...

upinsmoke_zps1867826a.jpg

Click on his rebuild thread in his signature. He bought his car in pretty rough shape.

Click on his rebuild thread in his signature. He bought his car in pretty rough shape.

Don't know how I missed that thread ???,... Who says you can't pull something out of the grave and bring it back to life.

ZOMBIES RULE !!

Don't know how I missed that thread ???,... Who says you can't pull something out of the grave and bring it back to life.

ZOMBIES RULE !!

Planning to do the same with my car.

I just wished the scrapers would have sold me the protege5 in Yellow that they had at the yard... I looked really really really hard to find rust, and failed.

Back