Edmunds comparison Test

7.9 sec 0-60? A 6.3 second 0-60 for the SRT-4? Damn, these guys must be some pretty horrible drivers. This is my first stick shift car, and I've only had maybe 10 hours of stick shift driving under my belt when I bought my MSP one week ago. With my G-Tech, I got a 0-60 of 7.28 today...and my launch was bad, and my 1-2 shift was even shittier.

And I really can't understand why nearly EVERY review slams on the stereo and it's "tiny, confusing buttons." It's an aftermarket head unit dimwits! They're all like that!

Another thing..in the review, they describe the SVT transmission as:

'
"rubbery" and "vague in the gates," the SVT's shifter lacks the notchy feel that makes the Proteg and Neon so confident through the gears
'

Yet the SVT's transmission was rated higher than the MSP's in the editor's evaluation.

wierd article i must say...and what gets me, is, in EVERY article about the MSP, how do they never mention the hesitation that 90 percent of all MSP owners complain of?

Plus, they rave about the Dodge's ABS brakes, but not a word about our ABS combined with EBD. At least they said almost all the editors would choose the MazdaSpeed for their own car.

Give me 10psi of boost, a K&N and a downpipe, and bring on the sh*tbox Neon.

The protege had the slowest lap time as well. Yet its the best handling car of the bunch.

Every article I have read does mention the hesitation, C&D, MT, SCC, Import Racer...

Britt

Did you guy's also see the Trap speed for the MSP. It is the slowest outta the Bunch and probably even slower than a Geo metro 75mph in the trapspeed WTF:wtf:

Not only that, go to the website and look up the Evo vs. STi and look at the #'s they gave them. Talk about can't drive for s***, they can't drive at all.

And they think that the engine is the best thing about the MSP and that the suspension feels "homegrown"..:rolleyes: I think they had some homegrown before the tests.:D They got it all bass ackwards.:wtf:

yeah, it's weird that the SRT won the comparo but they all picked the MSP as the car they'd own or suggest to others....and by a big margin too. I also noticed how much they talk good about the MSP interior in the article and then when you get to the numbers they rated it 2nd to the Neon!!!! How is that??? Next to the Focus the SRT has the most horrific s*** interior I've ever seen.

Back