Android Auto not working

:
Mazda CX 5 Touring
I hooked my phone up to the smart phone port of my 2019 cx-5 but it isn't recognized. In the settings the box is checked for AA but under apps the android auto isn't highlighted. phone makes some beeps but that's it. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

Just to clarify. You have an Android phone, right? :) And you have installed the app on the phone?

What Android version are you on?

Try another USB cord. Some usb cords are charge only.

I have been having problem getting it started on Android 10. Unplug and re-plug sometimes is needed to wake it up.

What Android version are you on?

Try another USB cord. Some usb cords are charge only.

I have been having problem getting it started on Android 10. Unplug and re-plug sometimes is needed to wake it up.

My last phone (Huawei Honor 8) was even so picky as to which way the USB cord plugged in (since USB C cables are reversible) and the cord had to be kinda pulled to the right continuously for it to work. But it want picky at all when it came to charging. Googling turned up results saying that Android Auto can be really picky about what cords you're using.

My new phone (Samsung Galaxy S9) isn't picky and the cord can be any direction.

Got my CX-5 GT last week and haven't yet tried AA. Is it better than the native Mazda interface?

It depends on what you use. Android Auto is amazing for Google maps, Waze and all music apps besides Pandora - I find the native Mazda interface for Pandora is just as good as AA.
AA also makes it so the voice assistant button uses Google's voice assistant rather than Mazda's and I prefer that.
It been so long since I used the Mazda texting and calling features but I'm pretty sure I liked the Mazda ones better, however AA is better at name recognition when you say "call/message Jane Doe" and AA will read messages from apps like Facebook messenger and WhatsApp whereas Mazda will only read your texts.

Back