What new Mazda is coming?

Seeing as though this has the 8.8" infotainment screen and the new Mazda 3 also has the same screen, can we assume all models (cx5) will receive this for the 2020 year? That would fill the last major complaint about the cx5!

So when will the CX-5 receive the 8.8* screen and paddle shifters? Also a reference to new and presumably more comfortable seats. What*s that about?

Seeing as though this has the 8.8" infotainment screen and the new Mazda 3 also has the same screen, can we assume all models (cx5) will receive this for the 2020 year? That would fill the last major complaint about the cx5!

Don't forget the panoramic sunroof! Then, it would be perfect.

sorry, but my educated guess is saying it's not going to happen for the 2020 cx-5,
this new infotainment screen is coming but only when the cx-5 will be redesigned in 2021.

If the cx-5 was getting a refresh, then maybe, but it seems the new turbo engine along with the signature model is the "refresh"

Looks like Mazda*s answer to the Crosstek.

Hopefully they do a better job than you did(poke)..wish I had a nickel- I mean they may as well change the name to that!
That amount of cladding looks like a tacky, lazy attempt at saving paint..so CX-5>CX-30 for now at least.

They sell a lot of them. Not disagreeing with you but the market is what it is I guess.

Yep, agreed.

There's no accounting for tastes. That black plastic is hideous. What was Mazda thinking?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26648812/2020-mazda-cx-30-suv-photos-info/

In a break from Mazda's established, odd-numbered vehicle-naming hierarchy, the company's latest compact crossover will carry the CX-30 moniker, and possibly signals future tweaks to Mazda's naming convention.

Tidier proportions and a faster rear-hatch profile will distinguish the CX-30 from the larger CX-5, as will thicker dark plastic cladding on the lower body and wheel arches. It's not a bad look but the cladding is prominent and somewhat distracts from an otherwise sleekly sculpted crossover design.

Although the CX-30's cabin is slightly more accommodating in terms of passenger space than the Mazda 3 hatchback, its 15-cubic-foot cargo capacity behind the rear seats is less than half of what the CX-5 offers, albeit is slightly more generous than the tiny CX-3's 12 cubic feet.

Dumb name. Doesnt fit the naming scheme Mazda uses. Also, whats the point? This should be the CX-3. The current CX-3 is way to small and slow.

Any idea if its coming to US?

So it's basically a new, slightly larger CX-3, but built on the Mazda3 platform rather than the Mazda2.

Based on dimensions it's smaller than the new Mazda3 Sport, but with more plastic and an inch or so more ground clearance. Seems like the Subaru Crosstrek formula, except IIRC the Crosstrek is slightly larger than the Impreza.

Dumb name. Doesn*t fit the naming scheme Mazda uses. Also, what*s the point? This should be the CX-3. The current CX-3 is way to small and slow.

Any idea if it*s coming to US?

Yes coming to the US.
Agreed they didn't have to add a new model lineup and just increase the size of the cx-3 however!
it seems there's still a Huge market for the Cx-3 overseas, and the size segment does very well there.

Honestly the cx-3 should be called the cx-2 and this new model should be the cx-3.

I like it, except that plastic, as everybody else. I don't even mind the door area, the worst is on the wheel arches.
Maybe here it will be called CX3(or see next sentence). Or, every other Mazda will get a new model name, CX30, CX50 and CX90.
This thing, will look sick lowered. Damn, I will have to wait a few years, until I can buy my next car.

Last edited:
Hopefully they do a better job than you did(poke)..wish I had a nickel- I mean they may as well change the name to that!
That amount of cladding looks like a tacky, lazy attempt at saving paint..so CX-5>CX-30 for now at least.

Even the wheels look Crosstek-ish with the squarish shaped spokes. Too much cladding for my taste. But the Crosstek sells like hot cakes, gutless engine and all.

Back