Pics Of Your Gloss Black Trim?

bluegrass

Banned
:
SUV
Could current owners of the 2017 Mazda CX-5 please post pictures of their exterior and interior gloss black trim?

I am very particular (OCD) about the care & maintenance of my vehicle's appearance.
I hate the concept of gloss black trim on vehicles because it scratches & swirls so easily.

I'm curious what the exterior B-pillars, and interior glossy bits, look like after several weeks/months of ownership.

I just noticed this weekend that the Sport and Touring trims do NOT have gloss black exterior B-pillars.
Only the Grand Touring models come with this "feature."

No pictures on me atm but that glossy surface is so stupid. Scratched the center piece by the shifter within the first day. I have no idea how, I suspect a cuff button on my shirtsleeve. Since then they have accumulated a ton of tiny scratches just from being wiped down (with clean microfiber). Luckily I only have the Touring so I don't have to worry about the B-pillars.

Ive not marked the interior yet (4000 Miles July) because I only use clean microfibre cloth but I marked the B pillar trim almost immediately. I will photograph but its dark here now. It isnt bad and most wouldnt see it but if youre like me you would!

No pictures on me atm but that glossy surface is so stupid. Scratched the center piece by the shifter within the first day. I have no idea how, I suspect a cuff button on my shirtsleeve. Since then they have accumulated a ton of tiny scratches just from being wiped down (with clean microfiber). Luckily I only have the Touring so I don't have to worry about the B-pillars.

Thanks for the insight. You've confirmed my fears about how the glossy plastic would hold up.

I have no clue why manufacturers would use this stuff. Scratches & swirls seems virtually unavoidable.

Anyone else wish Mazda would have simply used the existing aluminum "wood-like" finish trim on everything instead of the piano black plastic?

I have tiny scratch marks on the gloss black pillars, stilupidbkr used a paper towel to wipe bird poop off with some water :/

Sorry it took so long. Kept forgetting and when I didn't forget the lighting wouldn't catch it.
9149bf43c30a4d8c0b92f212580a83a6.jpg

I'm planning to apply Xpel on the shifter and window switch panels but I have yet to look for supply of pre-cut Xpel. Might as well include those glossy pillars.

Back