Scbs wow..!!

It will fight a bit is my guess but since it isn't a fully autonomous system, you should be able to over ride it

It's an assist, not automated driving.

You will feel a slight nudge or pull if LKA is trying to coarse you back into the lane. Once you familiarize yourself with it, it's a useful feature that's a non-issue overriding if it activates when it's not needed. At this point I can instantly determine whether to let it help you (it's almost just getting you to move the wheel yourself vs downright steering you) or if you simply hold and steer through it's nudge to cancel it. Hard to explain until you use it / play with it.

I've had it kick on in construction zones due to lane markings, or due to some marks on the road if the lines disappear but the seams in roadwork make it look like a line. It also doesn't kick in during all the situations where it could be used. But overall it's pretty dang good and I'd rather have it than not.

If you're new to it, like anything else, I recommend heading out to a dead portion of road with clear lane markings where you can play with it and test it out to familiarize yourself with it so you know what to expect in real world driving.

It's much more difficult testing things like SCBS, SBS, FOW that by nature require a potentially unsafe situation. Those are the types of things you'll know what happened after it happened.

I know out of the many times I've seen the FOW come up and felt the brakes prep (usually when coming up on people making slow right turns) I've had one situation for sure where the FOW and SBS potentially helped me avoid a collision. Will never know really, but was certainly glad it was there when it happened and would rather never know than wish I had it if I didn't and there were a collision.

It's an assist, not automated driving.

You will feel a slight nudge or pull if LKA is trying to coarse you back into the lane. Once you familiarize yourself with it, it's a useful feature that's a non-issue overriding if it activates when it's not needed. At this point I can instantly determine whether to let it help you (it's almost just getting you to move the wheel yourself vs downright steering you) or if you simply hold and steer through it's nudge to cancel it. Hard to explain until you use it / play with it.

I've had it kick on in construction zones due to lane markings, or due to some marks on the road if the lines disappear but the seams in roadwork make it look like a line. It also doesn't kick in during all the situations where it could be used. But overall it's pretty dang good and I'd rather have it than not.

If you're new to it, like anything else, I recommend heading out to a dead portion of road with clear lane markings where you can play with it and test it out to familiarize yourself with it so you know what to expect in real world driving.

It's much more difficult testing things like SCBS, SBS, FOW that by nature require a potentially unsafe situation. Those are the types of things you'll know what happened after it happened.

I know out of the many times I've seen the FOW come up and felt the brakes prep (usually when coming up on people making slow right turns) I've had one situation for sure where the FOW and SBS potentially helped me avoid a collision. Will never know really, but was certainly glad it was there when it happened and would rather never know than wish I had it if I didn't and there were a collision.

Sounds great, my only remaining concern is getting subconsciously dependent on it, then driving a different car :)

It looks like in some other countries you may have to choose between Lane Trace and Lane Departure. I can't find anyway to choose between the 2 in the US manual.

LAS(Lane Keep Assist System)

Mazdas Lane-Keep Assist System (LAS) promotes safer driving by providing appropriate steering assistance. The system allows drivers to choose between Lane-Trace, which provides steering assistance early in order to help keep the vehicle centered in the lane and Lane Departure Avoidance, which only comes into play if the vehicle begins to leave its lane. LAS uses a windshield-mounted camera to recognize lane-markings on the road and activates at speeds above 60 km/h.

It looks like in some other countries you may have to choose between Lane Trace and Lane Departure. I can't find anyway to choose between the 2 in the US manual.

LAS(Lane Keep Assist System)

Mazdas Lane-Keep Assist System (LAS) promotes safer driving by providing appropriate steering assistance. The system allows drivers to choose between Lane-Trace, which provides steering assistance early in order to help keep the vehicle centered in the lane and Lane Departure Avoidance, which only comes into play if the vehicle begins to leave its lane. LAS uses a windshield-mounted camera to recognize lane-markings on the road and activates at speeds above 60 km/h.

Ours says:

image.png

Back